Thread: My Thoughts.

Default My Thoughts.

Brian M, thank you for locking down the thread.

Yes, I am the gentleman that was working for an outfitter that was breaking the laws, and got the help I needed to do the right thing through quality members here. That has led to an investigation into the matter and will most likely end with charges filed by the state for illegal use of subsistance and also charges already filed through the labor board. Atleast another employee wont be screwed out of his hard earned money this next time due to my actions taken.

Secondly, I dont have cabin fever, there is a bit more to the details that are not needed to be said on the internet forum, as I did my first time asking on an ethical forum for advise and help in resolving an issue. I asked for help and recieved it. Officer Sands out of the petersburg office has assisted me in this matter and is working on the situation as I type. If this was cabin fever, then I guess the crabbers that told the same story and also witnessed the boats in question leaving the bay at first light, they too must be looking for attention.

I like this forum, and came here for I knew I would be able to get an ETHICAL member to help me where I could not do anything otherwise at the time. I did not expect the personal attacks that followed, and those that stooped to a childish level only showed their true colors and how un united they really are with a network of ethical hunters.

Due to personal attacks and slander about me I have decided to say my piece and leave it at that. I do know, that actions like this are what ruin a forum, if it wasnt for the good members on here, I wouldnt be back, but I have gained a lot of info and help from this forum. I guess I will just stick to reading here from now on as if you post your going to have someone from the group insult you and make acusations. Perhaps its time to look at the value of that kind of member and what they protray the rest of the community that uses these pages.

Thanks again, no matter what any of these men think, I did the right thing in both instances, and in the end that is all that matters.

As far as my statistic of 85% of wild game crimes going unreported, that is a statistic that was told to me by a state official as I was told that 15 % of the actual crimes committed are actual seen or charged for, there is a lot more that goes on that no person but the law breaking person knows about when they occur.

There is no need to reply by anyone for this matter, just wanted my chance to state my mind. Some of the group needs to grow up. End of story.

If we as outdoorsman cant stand untied on issues like this, we will never win any battles that hurt us as a hunting community.
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

Hope you have a better day tomarrow, no matter what happend today.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

+1

Don't let a few typed words get you all worked up. Been there, done that. Nothing good comes from it. Means nothing. Just words man. Winter time seems to be when most the "words" come out. Have a good one man. And quit making up darn stories Ha ha... See, just words...

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

You will find up here its a mans actions that earn him respect. I remember the post you are talking about and it seem to be gone from the system. Your profile is gone now also. You have two choices,one change you name and two keep your name but change how some may feel about you.JMHO

I found it strange that you automatically assumed that the gun shots were a result of illegal behavior.

I trapped SE years ago, my favorite gun to carry was a 12 gauge shotgun,It worked great for shooting martin or mink from about 35 or 40 yards away,you couldn't even tell they had been shot when you skinned them.

I also did a lot of shooting just for the fun of it, Some places huge pieces of tree bark were just hanging on by a thread, if you shot them they would come crashing down, I learned this on a real windy day when a big piece blew off a tree and just about hit me. They sound like a gun shot when the hit the ground. I'm glad you weren't around then.

I found it strange that you automatically assumed that the gun shots were a result of illegal behavior.

I trapped SE years ago, my favorite gun to carry was a 12 gauge shotgun,It worked great for shooting martin or mink from about 35 or 40 yards away,you couldn't even tell they had been shot when you skinned them.

I also did a lot of shooting just for the fun of it, Some places huge pieces of tree bark were just hanging on by a thread, if you shot them they would come crashing down, I learned this on a real windy day when a big piece blew off a tree and just about hit me. They sound like a gun shot when the hit the ground. I'm glad you weren't around then.
    Still, the criticism continues.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Still, the criticism continues.
    I think someone has an agenda in mind...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=73791

Hey steeliekingfisher, you did the right thing. If there was no crime, the troopers will sort that out and everyone will be happy. That is what the troopers do... investigate and determine if laws were broken. If a crime was committed, then hopefully they got there in time to gather evidence and catch the perps.

It is when people turn a blind eye that criminals are allowed to run amuck. Hmmm, kinda like the quote in my sig says...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Where I live folks that can afford boats with outboards, high power rifles, the bottle of Jim Beam that made hunting at 0047 a good idea, etc.. can also afford to feed their families without breaking the law. Now you show me some bum pushing a grocery cart down the side of the road and stabbing a wild animal with a rusty screwdriver, I will show you someone I wouldn't call the "fish police" on
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Talking

MY THOUGHTS:

I think 85% of the statistics tossed out in discussion, whether it be on the internet or with "state officials" are bogus and pure conjecture.

BTW: I heard some shots being fired right at daylight this morning. Didn't call nobody. I have no idea what they might be up to, but I will be plumb tickled if I hear later that they shot an early bear.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Let it go!

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Where I live folks that can afford boats with outboards, high power rifles, the bottle of Jim Beam that made hunting at 0047 a good idea, etc.. can also afford to feed their families without breaking the law. Now you show me some bum pushing a grocery cart down the side of the road and stabbing a wild animal with a rusty screwdriver, I will show you someone I wouldn't call the "fish police" on
    Let's just hope you stay "where you live" anyway! Leave the man alone. I hope Brian locks this thread down too. He did what he thought he needed to do and that can't be changed and how we all feel about it doesn't matter, let it go! Opinions are like ********, everyone has one!
    "Grab your bow and let's go!"

Either my communication skills have got worse or you misread my post

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    MY THOUGHTS:

I think 85% of the statistics tossed out in discussion, whether it be on the internet or with "state officials" are bogus and pure conjecture.
    That includes 85% of the stuff from you too, right?

Hey steelie, get used to the comments. Pro and con. Do what you want and ignore the dissenters. The internet is lots o fun and useful, just don't take stuff too seriously.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

And now just what in the HELL is that supposed to mean??!!??!!

(Sorry, it seems everyone is having some form of internet turrets syndrome...I hate to feel left out )
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    That includes 85% of the stuff from you too, right?
    Errrrrr....Nope. Please don't confuse proclamations with statistics.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

(Sorry, it seems everyone is having some form of internet turrets syndrome...I hate to feel left out )

Default Believe me, I have an opinion too!

Nope, not misread, just shouldn't have used that quote. I read ALL the posts, have since that night. My comments were not meant to be directed at you either, only the portion where I am wondering why somebody from NC is so opinionated about what's happening in AK. Especially to go on another states forum and use the statement "where I live". And before yall go attacking me, let me make this clear, my having said something in the first place has to do with the principle of the whole thing, does not in any way reflect my opinion of the event itself. That being said, Brian has already shut down one thread and stated concern about personal attacks on the thread as well as other threads (If I recall that correctly). So, it would be nice if everyone would just stop it. Including Steelieking, he's said his peace.

Steelie, thanks for using the resources available to do what you feel is right.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

LOL. I'm with you on this one! Let's go ahead and talk about who has cabin fever!! Looks like more than Steelieking.

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Hoytgirl View Post
    LOL. I'm with you on this one! Let's go ahead and talk about who has cabin fever!! Looks like more than Steelieking.

Oh, judging by some of the responses on Steelies 2 threads I'd say 85% is Cabin Fever 5% is genuine concern and 10% are folks who are nucking futs no matter what the season......