Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ice Auger Repairs

  1. #1

    Default Ice Auger Repairs

    I have an ice auger that I only used a couple times a few years ago. Unfortunatly I left fuel in it and now it won't start. Where is a good place to take it for a tune up and carb clean out or whatever it might need?

  2. #2
    Member DRIFTER_016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Any small engine shop will be able to fix it for you.

  3. #3
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Drain out all of the old fuel. Mix up a batch of new fuel. Put just a cup or so in with some STP style fuel system cleaner. Prime it. If it starts, let it idle for 5 minutes with just a burp now and then. If it doesn't fire (spark issue) change the plug, try again. If still not spark, look at the kill switch as the problem. When you get it running, run it at 1/2-3/4 throttle for a while to clean it well. Once it runs smooth, add more fuel to dilute the fuel system cleaner.

    The newer carbs on small engines are not mechanic friendly. Running fuel system cleaner through the carb is the easiest way to clean them out.

    Hope this helps,
    Mike

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks Mike. I'll give that a try.
    Tight Lines,
    Ron

  5. #5
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

    Mike

  6. #6

    Thumbs up

    Good advice so far, but using Sea Foam will be better than STP. Go to their website for how to. Then go buy it and use it. Often.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •