Thread: New Member - Hello!

Default New Member - Hello!

Hi all,

Just wanted to start with a hello since I am new here. Came across the forum while looking for a good local lab that can do drum scans. I have lived here in AK since Aug 09, and am stationed at Fort Rich. I will be mostly posting in this forum since photography is pretty much my only hobby. I do hope to make it a business one day (thus the username) Anyhow it is good to meet you all and hopefully I can contribute to the forum as well as learn a few things along the way.

BTW: I am a film use, have shot with a digital camera in the past but am solely shooting film now. I shoot with a Leica and a Voigtlander 6X9 medium format camera. Develop my own B&W as well. If anyone knows of a custom lab in the area that will scan slides and negs to high quality digital files that would be great. Also if anyone here still does K-14 Kodachrome slide film processing that would be cool too, but I doubt if anyone does.

Colin

...I'm mot knowledgable enough to answer your questions..

-but, welcome to the Alaska Outdoor forums!
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

Default Photowright/Stewarts

Quote Originally Posted by photobizzz View Post
    ... if anyone knows of a custom lab in the area that will scan slides and negs to high quality digital files that would be great. Also if anyone here still does K-14 Kodachrome slide film processing that would be cool too, but I doubt if anyone does.
    Colin,
    Photowright in Anchorage.
    927 West Fireweed Lane
    Anchorage, AK 99503-1867
    (907) 277-0518

Give them a call, they have always had great customer service, excellent product and professional results. If they can't help you, they have yet to point me in the wrong direction.

Stewarts would be another reputable store in town to say "Hi" to.
    531 West 4th Avenue
    Anchorage, Alaska 99501
    Phone: (907) 272-8581
    http://stewartsphoto.com/

I'm sure there are others, but these two Anchorage Shops have been given many of my hard earned dollars, and I have not been disappointed.

Welcome to Alaska... looking forward to some shots!

Thank you for your service.

Rob

You might try here:

Kellers Photo Lab
    1411 W. 33rd Ave
    Anchorage, Alaska

907-276-5882
    EricL

Default welcome and please share

hope to see some images from you soon
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com