Thread: Another member looking for a plane

Default Another member looking for a plane

Hey guys,

I'm wrapping up my private hopefully in the next few weeks and am starting the search for my first plane. I've got my tailwheel endorsement already and am looking for something to start building time in.

I'm going to start making my rounds at the local airports but was hoping you guys could keep an eye and an ear out for anything around your local field for sale.

I'm pretty much open to anything <$50k. Not looking for a project, I want something I can get in and go. Let me know if guys see anything.

Thanks,
    Chris

Default Good luck

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1609617590.html http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1600069847.html

You should look for something like this little champ. Great few burn and can do some off field work if set up right. There are also some good deals on pacers for sale(may be best bang for the buck). There are alot of planes for sale, just make sure you get someone to do the prebuy, who is willing to sign off an annual, if the discrepencies are fixed. Just dont rush into anything, because its a buyers market.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1609617590.html http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1600069847.html

You should look for something like this little champ. Great few burn and can do some off field work if set up right. There are also some good deals on pacers for sale(may be best bang for the buck). There are alot of planes for sale, just make sure you get someone to do the prebuy, who is willing to sign off an annual, if the discrepencies are fixed. Just dont rush into anything, because its a buyers market.

Terry
    Terry, I've been watching craigslist closely, as well as alaskaslist when it's working (which seems to be very little lately). I saw that plane but am wanting to find something with a lower time engine. Thanks for the link.

Default Pacer for sale

I have a pacer for sale with a 550 hr engine and 2800tt and in annual ready to fly. Its listed with floats Alaska on there web page and also they have it on aeroalaska.com. If you don't find the listing PM me Tom
    the price is $24,900.

I decided to sell my 1977arctic tern S1B2 0320 160hp about 360hrs SMOH (lower end just done by B&J aircraft engines), has atlee dodge skiis 29" gar aero with spare tires etc. I have not listed it yet but was going to post it at 57,000.

PM me if your interested.

You should consider a Stinson 108-1 (150hp) or 108-2 (165hp), they can still be found for $24k or less in good condition. The advantage of having a Stinson is that the taildragger is lowtime tailwheel pilot friendly and has a good safety record. Also, only 8 AD's for the 108 series. Plus the insurance companies like the Stinson and will insure at a low rate with "0" hours in the aircraft and "0" tailwheel time; no 25 hour fly-off like some of the narrow gear, short wing planes.

Wish you luck in your search!

Send me 100 bucks and a picture and I will give you a pre-buy.
    Tim