Thread: Rabbits in Fairbanks

Default Rabbits in Fairbanks

Perhaps its just me but i have not seen many rabbits around this year? Does anyone know where they are hiding. I am mainly looking for rabbits, but grouse and ptarmigan are welcome too, as i haven't seen to many of them either. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

North Pole

Talking Search, Search, and Search...

The only way you will be able to find them is to get out and look. Getting away from the city is your best bet, the closer you are to FB the more people are doing the same thing you are. But this year is strange, I think we are heading into (if not already in) the low part of the cycle. Even my "hotspots" that I have had for the past few years are pretty dry. My spots are anywhere from 35 to 100 miles outside of town. So I guess my best advice to you is just get out and beat the brush, just make sure you know where you are and be very aware of trap lines.

Good Luck!

Default strap on the ole boots

Arcticfirefighter is right... You just have to get out there. The snow is crap, take skis or snowshoes.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.