Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please!! Need troopers

Default Help please!! Need troopers

Hi, I live very remote on Admiralty. The dang poachers are at it again. 4 shots at 10:25
    1 shot at 10:27
    2 shots at 11:58 and 1 more shot at 12:13

I have no way of callin it in right now (remote) sat phone wont work piece of crap!!

Can someone help. I want to report this as it is going on and get these guys. I can give you my email, someone needs to call troopers, give them my email, explain the situation so they can email me and I give the coordinates and such as to where I am and where they are and whats going on.

anyone?
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

ok 3 more shots at 12:46, no replies, going out on my own on this one. Some one email me at csferrieri@yahoo.com Tonight, in the AM, something, I have no **** way of getting to the troopers except on a VHF and I am sure the people out there shooting have one as I can hear their dang skiff cruising around as we speak. I am goin to see if I can pick them up in a spotting scope or something and see if I can get a hull number or something. This sucks, not being able to stop someone from poaching! Most likely the big boar I have been watching for 2 days, all shots are from the same area. Please help a brother out, just trying to get through to the cops is all

im awake up in fairbanks ill give the local troopers a call.

I am online here and dialing troopers for you -
    be careful!

Offered to call, but now editing. Must be a practical joke of some sorts. The OP has been reading the "warm spell bears" thread for the last five minutes
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Trooper dispatch called and your info relayed.

Of course if it BS, that would suck ........... and he should hopefully be banned here.

Thank You, waiting on their reponce, no not a joke, reading other post to wait out a responce from someone. Thanks, will let you know. I can still here the skiff out there with the motor, sounds like they are in the next arm just cruising slow. No new shots yet, Cold as heck in the house with the windows open to listen, my dog must think I am nuts. Thanks again!!!

i dont think its fake you would have to be pretty stupid to falsley report somthing of this nature.

No worries anyway - the troopers have this thread info and the Email - so if they respond, we have done what we can.

hope you get'em steeleking ,save the bears for real hunters

I will say this one last time, this is no **** joke. I have a lot better things to do than sit here and play games, get real. If you did call, thanks you, I have not recieved an email from anyone yet and I am almost at the point of calling into the CG on 22a and see if they can patch me through, very well will most likely expose that they are being watched, but at this point have no other choices as all I am getting here is its a joke. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by steeliekingfisher View Post
    I will say this one last time, this is no **** joke. I have a lot better things to do than sit here and play games, get real. If you did call, thanks you, I have not recieved an email from anyone yet and I am almost at the point of calling into the CG on 22a and see if they can patch me through, very well will most likely expose that they are being watched, but at this point have no other choices as all I am getting here is its a joke. Sad.
    After begging for someone to help you, you turned to an unrelated thread for 9 minutes! If you can't understand why that would make someone suspicious that you were just joking, the problem is yours. Like I said, I was posting to offer help. However, calling the Alaska Hwy Patrol Wildlife officers at 0100 is not something to take lightly. If you were sincere, I hope you get some assistance in the matter. Hope you can understand why I would have suspected it was a joke. No offense was intended.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

sorry dan, it just burns me that I can sit here al=nd listen to them cruising around and nothing I can do. ILike i stated, I was in the other thread reading waiting on a reply to this. thanks to anyone that did call it in. I guess at this point i can only wait it out, I aint the sharpest tool in the shed, but I know better than going out to see them in my own boat. Thanks again to anyone that did pass on my info. The state needs an online 911 service for exact sitautions like this.

RMK

Default So where does this stand?

As of 1:25 has anyone talked to AST? Is this B.S. or legit?

Quote Originally Posted by steeliekingfisher View Post
    sorry dan, it just burns me that I can sit here al=nd listen to them cruising around and nothing I can do. .
    No sweat man. As I said, I just didn't pick up a sense of urgency on your behalf. It wasn't my intention to offend. Hope things work out well. You are wise to stay put tonight. No need making a bad situation worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RMK View Post
    As of 1:25 has anyone talked to AST? Is this B.S. or legit?

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Bronco View Post
    Trooper dispatch called and your info relayed.
    Sounds like they were called.

I have not heard from the AST yet, but the good thing is I know exactly where they are staying. By the sound of their boat and when it cut off it is in a small cove at a cabin that gets used by hunters from time to time. Hopefully i can get the AST out here early tomorrow and they can find blood or something in their skiff. As remote as I am, a poacher wouldnt think of anyone hearing a shot, but I usually have the wood stove cherry hot with a window or two open. lol
    Thanks again, time will tell. I will be up for an hour or so and hope to hear from someone in the AST or in the AM I will try and email their tip line but its sunday so they may not get it until Monday

i got through in fairbanks but who know how long it will take for things to be relayed to the propper office the more people that call the better, maby wait till they run the skiff then put a call in to the cg maby they can get things rolling sooner.

Below is a link to the AST wildlife officer page I had pulled up. I was asking for clarification here on the thread (later deleted). I didn't know what office to call. Not sure where Admiralty Island is. Dang tourist

http://www.dps.state.ak.us/AWT/contact.aspx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast