Thread: bow pack

Default bow pack

Can anyone recommend for me a good pack that is made for carrying a bow in. Im not looking for a big heavy duty one just one I can carry my bow in while walking into my bait station.
    Thanks

May be more than you're looking for but Eberlestock makes some nice packs. Heck you can stuff your bear in there on your way back out.
    Break out the $$ though, they don't come cheap.

Default Bow Pack

Eberlestock Slingshot: about $150.00, Eberlestock Dragonfly: about $330.00, Cabelas Bow and Rifle pack: (L)about $130.00, (X-L)about $150.00.

I absolutely love my Cabelas pack. It has an internal frame, is well padded and has all the room I need for "stuff" and the sling for my rifle / bow makes it easy to get in to my spot comfortably. I looked at the Eberlestocks and decided on the Cabelas since it afforded more of a cargo area.

Default Primos

Check out the Primos Bow Sling. It is cheap in comparison to others at only about $20. You will need another pack though to carry in other items, but the sling works great. I used one in October for caribou on the Haul Rd and it work awesome!

Terry

Cat quivers are very nice too. There are pics of one I made in this forum, just search "cat quiver." I'll be making some modification on a new one that will be bigger and fold out into a camp stool.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default I just orderd the Eberlestock JP9 Blue Widow

other add ons were the
    1. scoped rifle scabbard
    2.shotgun scabbard
    3. butt bucket bow carrier
    I just like how the eberlestocks are so modular and tactical. I plan on doing more spot and stalk with my bow this year and wanted something to carry a shotgun while bow hunting. Or have my 338 right on my back for sheep hunting. all in mossy oak treestand camo $422.00 for all four items and shipping/insurance. you can go in with a small day pack and come out with a whole bear once you expand the pack. Ill be snowshoewing and field testing it in March while hunting bunnies and will give an unbiased opinion on it. PM me if I forget. check out the website

Default thanks

thanks for the great ideas guys I will look into them all and see wich one works for my needs.

Default bow sling

they make a sling for bows as well if you are not carrying in a pack and are willing to walk back and forth to get one if you make a kill. sportsman has one that is pretty good and only like 20 bucks

s7_518559_543_02.jpgThis is a Hornhunter Pack a great pack for carring gear.
    Price is about $180

been hunting with Eberlstock for about 8 years. They work great!!

Redhead makes one as well. If you look on Bass Pro shop, you can type in Bow pack and find it. Fairly inexpensive. Only thing, I have had bad experience buying from Bass Pro. Takes forever to get items to AK. But, if you order now it should be here by bear baiting season. Pack will carry a bow or a rifle. If you go with the Primos sling that Tiger 15 mentioned, just remember to keep the sling on you and not drop it when you are making your stalk.

RedHeadŽ Diamondback Bow/Rifle Packs
    • Two removable aluminum stays for added stability
    • Water-resistant fabric
    • Bow/rifle harness system
    • Hydration-compatible (two liter, not included)
    • Padded back with airflow channels
    • Adjustable padded belt with 4 Tech-Lok attachment loops
    • Yoke-style padded shoulder straps
    • Sternum strap
    • Four compression straps for efficient packing
    • 3 Tech-Lok attachment loops
    • Weight: 2.29 lbs.
    Dual-compartment, internal-frame pack is great for day-and-a-half trips. Water resistant fabric. Volume: 2,531 cubic inches.

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

I am with bowhunter1, I spent the money on the hornhunter and absolutly love it. I can strap my bow to it or my rifle. I carried my bow, raingear, spoting scope, tri pod, and my emergancy kit in/on it caribou hunting up north this year and never had a issue. It is also easy to get your bow off of if you need to get acsess to it quick. It has internal staves and a spot for a water blader. I used it bear hunging this last fall as well and carried a entire hide and head out on it with no problem. They are very nice packs and have plenty of pockets. Hope this helps.

I have an Ebberlestock X1. Can carry either a bow or rifle. Works really well but not enough capacity for much beyond day or maybe weekend trips, which is fine for me down here...

My wife uses a Dragonfly, which has much more capacity & versatility...

I have the Cabela's Bow and Rifle Pack and I really like it. It is extremely comfortable and I got it for $90 on sale.

Blacks creek alaskan bag, best bag i ever used. lifetime warranty no question asked.
    http://www.blacks-creek.com/www/New%...inmanPage.html

Im looking at a badlands 2200 put one on yeterday felt good

Give KIFARU a look. Numerous sizes to meet various needs. A little pricey but there made in AMERICA by AMERICANS. 100 Percent Berry ammendment compliant. Good Luck, it's always fun shopping for a new piece of equipment.

Great info thanks