Thread: Ooooh, I was just at the Sporting Goods store and saw

Default Ooooh, I was just at the Sporting Goods store and saw

A sweet little 700 CDL in .35 Remington. I'm not even a big Remington fan (Ford's and Chevy's), but this gun was gorgeous and was only about $500 in 90% and the wood looked like Grade 1 Claro. There was also a beautiful little ABolt Hunter in 30 06 with the Boss set-up (w/ muzzle brake, not the classic recoil) in stainless and wearing a synthetic stock for about the same $.

Oh sweet Jebus, if my wife wasn't there throwin' the stink eye at me (I swear that woman knows what I'm thinking before I even think it) and if I'd have had that tax refund in my sweaty paws, I'd be talking to a marriage counselor right now.

Grits

.35 whelen or .35 remington? Havent seen any bolt guns chambered in .35 remington in a long while.

A CDL in any caliber for $500 is a bargain. Did they make a run of 35 Rems again? Some years back they made the classic in 35 Rem.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Oh Man, This is horrible! Now I'll have to go back there and take a closer look =). I just don't want to be one of those guys that goes around postin' inaccurate info on the forum.
    Gotta figure out what days my wife is workin' and maybe take a drive on one of them.
    Grits

He who hesitates is lost! Don't worry about the Mrs. In another 10 years she'll even know what guns go in what cabinets in case you happen to forget and leave a bunch sitting around the living room!

There is at least some comfort in knowing that a portion of the $4,000 that I am sending uncle numb nuts will in return be givin to someone else to buy a gun with! Your welcome!

ElmerKeithClone,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    I'll let you shoot it as long as you keep the payments coming. Might even throw in a couple of cold ones 'cause of your (involuntarily) generosity.

Ah man, does the thought of a 35 Rem stir fond memories. A friend came up with a vintage matched pair of Mannlicher stocked bolt guns in 250 Savage and 35 Remington, both with 20" barrels. They were made by G&H waaaaaaay back in the last century. Pure art, in everything from craftsmanship to handling and shooting. Ever since, I've drooled at the thought of owning a short, light 35 Rem bolt gun.

Man, a G&H 35 Rem, would love to hold one of those in person. I think I'd be hooked also.

How come our gun shows dont have anything cool like that?

They came into a gun shop I was working in in 1971 or 72, and they were an unusual sight even then. Unbelievably light, well balanced and fast handling.

The pair was headed for a collector's closet, and I bet they haven't seen the light of day since. There are some really amazing guns hiding in the shadows around the country, and it really saddens me to see such art go out of sight forever. My "collectors" all get shot, and I refuse to sell or trade to anyone who isn't going to shoot them. Just a "thing" of mine, you see.