Thread: Resurection ice fishing

Question Resurection ice fishing

Any one try Juneu, Trout or Swan lake in Resurection pass this year?
    Any year for that mater?

I would like to try somthing new for a change

Default Juneau lake

I have fished juneau lake and didnt have much luck in it I cought a few small rainbows and that was about it. I hear it has a few lakers but like I said I only cought small rainbows and the fishing was slow. A friend of mine goes up there and catches burbot out of Juneau lake and I think that is the only lake on the peninsula that has burbot in it but I may be wrong about that. Have not tried the others though

Post Juneau Lake

Thanks for the reply...

I think I will give it a try tomorrow. Maybe try doing a little predetor calling in the morning and fish the rest of the day..

Default Resurrection pass

last weekend we caught 24 Burbot up there. Biggest was 2.05#
    Also caught 3 lakers biggest was 1.35#.
    Trail is rough and there is potential for rain.lakes are windblown with icy patches. Juneau also has an area on the far end that is usually open water(inlet or outlet?). Easy to see and avoid but be careful if traveling in the dark.
    There is almost 3' of ice so an auger extension might be nice to have with you just in case. I used mine on the 6" setting and it was nice not to be bent over so much when finishing your holes. I didn't really need it but it was very close.
    Remember to read the regs regarding Burbot as there is specific regulations if you use set lines.
    Burbot feed at night so take that into consideration also.
    I have fished this area several times. A really fun trip. I always rent one of the cabins. These cabins get a lot of use so if you intend to use one be legal and rent it or you might find some skiers or other fisherman showing up and kicking you out. I have heard a couple of stories of people getting all set up firewood cut camping gear laid out and then finding themselves out in the cold because they didn't think anybody would show up. It is an easy online process to see if it is open and to rent one.2 cabins on Juneau lake Juneau and Romig. One on trout lake and one on Swan lake.
    Good Luck.Good fishing
    Chris
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Wink Juneau, Trout Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    last weekend we caught 24 Burbot up there. Biggest was 2.05#
    Also caught 3 lakers biggest was 1.35#.
    Trail is rough and there is potential for rain.lakes are windblown with icy patches. Juneau also has an area on the far end that is usually open water(inlet or outlet?). Easy to see and avoid but be careful if traveling in the dark.
    There is almost 3' of ice so an auger extension might be nice to have with you just in case. I used mine on the 6" setting and it was nice not to be bent over so much when finishing your holes. I didn't really need it but it was very close.
    Remember to read the regs regarding Burbot as there is specific regulations if you use set lines.
    Burbot feed at night so take that into consideration also.
    I have fished this area several times. A really fun trip. I always rent one of the cabins. These cabins get a lot of use so if you intend to use one be legal and rent it or you might find some skiers or other fisherman showing up and kicking you out. I have heard a couple of stories of people getting all set up firewood cut camping gear laid out and then finding themselves out in the cold because they didn't think anybody would show up. It is an easy online process to see if it is open and to rent one.2 cabins on Juneau lake Juneau and Romig. One on trout lake and one on Swan lake.
    Good Luck.Good fishing
    Chris

Boy I wish Ihad read this before I went. I amy have taken a little diferent approch.

I fished Juneau for about 2-3 hours with out one bite. I Fished the outlet and all along The West side of the lake. There was about 1-6" of standing water covering the entire lake Glad My boots held up. The wind picked up about 12:30 so I decided to go give Trout lake a try. There wasnd as much standing water on trout lake and most of the old Oce holes were open so I put a few minutes in at every open hole around the entire lake jiging a Crockadle hoping for a fat Rainbow or laker. But once again no luck. So I finealy set up the Eskmo III and and sent some shrimp down the hole. Finaly got an 18-20" laker to take the bait but I missed him. he came back about an hr later but would not bite. I don't know if it was me, the weather, time of year or what but that was alot of hours for no fish. I do love that area though, it is so peacefull. No planes, trucks, nothing just the sounds of the wild I Didn't realy wnat to come home.

Default Trout lake

fished it a few weeks ago and didnt get a bite. Anyone try Swan lake this winter?