Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What scopes do you have on your 300 win mags?

Default What scopes do you have on your 300 win mags?

About to pick one up soon. Will be used for moose and black bear. What works for you?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

for me budget has a lot to do with it, BUT I LOVE the Bushnell elite 3200 with the fire fly reticle, i have taken many moose just as the light fails and the fire fly glows in the dark with out power and if you can see the target in the moon light you can hit it.. i have 9 of them total and yet to ever have an issue. they hold the zero well. and have them on 223-338 win mags and shoot 250 grainer's out of the 338. all for ~240.00
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have a on my 300 winny I love it.Leupold VX-3 CDS There are so many good choices.

I'm a big fan of the 4x Leupold. I've also used a 3.5-10x40 Leupold with good effect.

On my 300 WinMag I have the Leupold Vari-XIII 2.5x8. I load the 180 gr Partitions and use them for deer to moose

On my 300 winmag I use a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40.
    In addition; I use a leupold 2.5-8x36 on my 375H&H.

I have Burris Signature Series and Black Diamonds on my 300 Weatherbys. Awesome scopes.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Not a winmag, but a 300 wby I have sports a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10. 20 years on that rifle and never a problem.

A very timely post. Just yesterday, I picked up a Win. M70 in .300WM, from a buddy in Anchorage. Now for a scope. I've also been very happy with Bushnell 3200 Elite scopes, but am also considering a Leupold VXII. All my scopes are 2-7X, but would a 3-9X be a better choice for this cartridge?

This is probably the only response you will get with this scope on a 300 Win Mag. The scope I am using on my Remington 700 is an old B & L Bolivar 2.5 X 8. The scope is removable with the adjustments being in the base.

While this combination has been together for over 30 years, the scope is still clear and sharp. After all these years I am considering a replacement for it. I wish Leupold made their VX III in 2.5 X 10 but they do not. So I am in a quandary as to whether I should use the 2.5 X 8 or the 3.5 X 10. When the change is made, it will be a Leupold.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Quote Originally Posted by justin262 View Post
    About to pick one up soon. Will be used for moose and black bear. What works for you?
    I wouldn't worry about what other people use as much as I would look at what scope would be apropriate for those animals in the areas you hunt. Leupold Euro or VX3 in 2-7 or 3-9 might be good for a lot of moose and black bear hunts.

Brett

Spend as much as you can afford on a scope from a reputable maker--there are several excellent makers on several continents. So long as the scope can be set to 3X or 4X it should perform perfectly. Presently I have a 3x9 Zeiss on my 300 WM and I am very satisfied, but there are literally dozens of other excellent choices.

vx-II 2x7 is whats on my 300winny

Default Justin

Lots of great scopes to choose from...
    I have 3-300 WM - all wearing Leupolds Most brands are pretty competitve today for quality and replacement gurantee's but Leupold is pretty hard to beat... I have never had one fail in 40 years of pounding them around. However I have have a 50 cal muzzleloader with the bushnell 3200 firefly like Vince posted and it has held up just as good as high dollar stuff.
    More important may be the power you choose - if close in heavy cover
    ( you mentioned black bear ) my favorite scope is a Leupold 2 x 7 x 33 and that could work well on a 300 WM also - if your going to be in wide open long range stuff then maybe the 9 or 10 power scopes would work better for you.
    Nikon and Burris have some great scopes and not to be overlooked for sure...
    Live long enough and you will likely have some of each!

On my TC encore .300 win I have a Leupold vx-III 3.5-10 40 mm with b&c reticals shoot 150 grain tsx bullets I like 180 grains but won't shoot good groups out of the gun.My other .300 win is a left-handed browning BAR,Iseen it last winter and had to buy.was Gona buy the same scope but seen a vx-III 4.5-14 50mm with b&c reticals,and I'm glad to have spent extra cash because the extra zoom comes in handy plus bigger lens seems to get more light when the sun is going down.it's wierd it shoots 150 grains all over the place but .180 grain it shoots quarter size groups

The scope I have on my Remington .300 WM was on there when I bought it. It was a package deal that cost under $500. My thought at the time was that if the rifle would shoot straight I'd eventually invest in a "better" (read: more expensive) scope. That was close to 200 rounds and four years ago. That rifle shoots straight, performs reliably and the scope has never lost zero since day one. It doesn't fog, handles shock well, gives clear view in all light situations that I've had it in. I know you generally get what you pay for when it comes to optics, but I wouldn't pull this scope off my 300 winny if someone offered to trade me straight across for a Swarovski. It's a Bushnell banner 3-9X40. And it's not for sale.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Thumbs up

I put a Burris 3x9x40 Signature w/ BDC reticle on my 300WM not too long ago. So far, I really like it. It does great without breaking the bank. Great warranty and great quality for around $300.00.
    Also have the Elite 3200's (3 of 'em) on various rifles (incl. a 338WM) and am impressed with them as well. That Rainguard on their lenses is a pretty slick setup.

Call me biased or whatever, but I don't look past Leupold as far as a hunting scope goes. Literally a perfect scope, imo. Light, solid, great eye-relief, etc. Plus, how do you compete with their lifetime warranty? Anyways, I have the VX-III 3.5-10x40 B&C scope on my 300.

Leupold VX 3 3.5-10x40mm on my christensen arms .300ultra mag

Default Like many others here...

...my 300 wm has the VX III, only mine is 3x9. Works great.

I do like the Bushnell Elite 3200 w/firefly - it's on my caribou rifle though (25wssm).

v/r

salchastar road

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast