Thread: Ice Fishing Shell Lake TV episode AKODTV

Default Ice Fishing Shell Lake TV episode AKODTV

Alaska Outdoors TV will air Shell Lake Ice Fishing today Saturday 5pm on FOX 4 KTBY Television. This is a replay if you've missed it the first time around.

Show tease
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Great episode. Can't get enough of ice fishing shows.

Thumbs up

Too much talk. Good show but just too much blah blah blah.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Question

I didn't see it. What were they catching?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Burbot and like 1 or 2 little pike. Nice burbot but nothing special.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Thumbs up

I've watched that one a couple of times. I liked it, but then I've never watched a show from these guys I didn't like!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Default Lots of talk; little specifiics.

Though I did not see that particular episode, I've generally enjoyed the program. But I've noticed that they seldom say what lures, bait, rifle or specific area they are hunting or fishing in. Those are the kinds of information that sportsmen like to know.

Thumbs up Crosswind

I like that show and came across one on Vimeo of Crosswind lake that I think is there best video so far.

I'm the first to admit we slayed no dragons on this one but we had one heck of a good time. I've gone ice fishing a few times, and these guys only with their kids so it was an "adventure" for all involved. I guess you could say we're a group that can laugh at ourselves as much as anyone.

The shows purpose is to entertain folks but the most experienced outdoors-man will pick up on subtle tips. You'll notice unlike most outdoor programs these are not infomercials for some product or service vendor you'd expect to see on the Outdoor Channel. Sportsmen may like to know what kind of rifle is being used but producers also like to be paid for that product mention or product placement. Gotta pay the bills too.

That said, for 2010 we'll start opening the program up to paid product placement and add tips and techniques by those in the show we feel qualified to do so. Prized hunting locations or sensitive areas obviously will never be intentionally revealed.

I like that show and came across one on Vimeo of Crosswind lake that I think is there best video so far.

TKS mthayer! That one was a bear to shoot. I could have done a ton better but...it was -35 out just standing still. Snowmachine belts were freezing up...lenses were freezing up...and the dang ice house was WAY too small for 3 dudes to film in That's a cool trip though. Kirk (my buddy) has cabins he'll rent you and Crosswinds can be reached after a beauty 25 mile snowmachine ride on a groomed trail from Tolsona Lake. Crosswinds has record size lakers in there...which they caught of course AFTER I left !

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    I'm the first to admit we slayed no dragons on this one but we had one heck of a good time. I've gone ice fishing a few times, and these guys only with their kids so it was an "adventure" for all involved. I guess you could say we're a group that can laugh at ourselves as much as anyone.

The shows purpose is to entertain folks but the most experienced outdoors-man will pick up on subtle tips. You'll notice unlike most outdoor programs these are not infomercials for some product or service vendor you'd expect to see on the Outdoor Channel. Sportsmen may like to know what kind of rifle is being used but producers also like to be paid for that product mention or product placement. Gotta pay the bills too.

That said, for 2010 we'll start opening the program up to paid product placement and add tips and techniques by those in the show we feel qualified to do so. Prized hunting locations or sensitive areas obviously will never be intentionally revealed.

Keep up the good work. Nothing better on a cold day than watching other Alaskan's enjoy this great state we live in.

that crosswinds video was very well done...took awhile to download but well worth the wait! Man those lakers are dark!!! I will hopefully be out there this winter.....I will I will I will !

Tradbow,

Thanks. You must be talking about our Vimeo.com site right? I guess depending on IP speed the buffering/download will vary. Unless there's a problem I'm not aware of yet. R U in Alaska?

tks,
    Tim

Tim,

Yup, I in North pole....no complaints! it was well worth the wait! I'm running DSL, though I cant say my computer is the fastest in the world. It's a little older and needs to be gone through.