Thread: Adhesives for aluminum boat

Question Adhesives for aluminum boat

Putting a new bildge in. I was wondering what is the best adhesive to use to stick a bildge pump to the bottom of the boat. I tried epoxy but it did not stick to good. Thanks.

I'm not sure what would work but if it was me i'd try hitting the spot with a grinder first to rough up the metal first then use some 3M 5200 to glue that thing down. How about making a bracket for the pump then bolting that to a frame close by??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Never heard of putting one in that way but Chemseal CS3204 will do the trick. You can get it in B1/2 or B2 which is the working time, curing takes longer. Its a fuel tank sealant that stays semi hard and works good for bonding things you may want to take apart. If you are close to an airport that does maintenance on jets they probably have it or an equivalent in stock. If not you can purchase it here
    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/cs/fueltanksealants.html
    The 2oz size will be plenty. After mixing you can't save the unused portion. As with most adhesives be sure surfaces to be bonded are clean dry and at the right temperature.

Potbuilders bracket idea is the way I'ld go if possible.

I used 5200 on my last Lowe Roughneck. It held great for years.

regular 3m 5200 works good but needs 1 week setting time ,there is a fast set 5200 but i'm not familiar with it. should work the same
    preping metal probably makes a huge difference also
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER