Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaska for sale?

Angry Alaska for sale?

Listening and putting together thoughts about the states hunting regulations, fishing and tourism. Why is the state slowly changing hunting/fishing regulations to accommodate non-resident. Not necessarily that bag limit, but pay per view operations. Are the hunting guides of the state so powerful that the sport/meat hunting resident is losing say? Is the almighty dollar so important that we are willing trade resident hunting and fishing rights?

I feel the residents of the Alaska should have all the say. I am sick of picking up "Alaska Magazine," and reading comments from lower 48 residents and how Alaska needs to change this or that. As an Alaskan I want Alaska to be different than other states. For example if we need predator control, lets do it. Not let some "do gooder" control our state.

As time goes on I just feel that Alaska is for sale and I don't like it.

where you get the idea that alaska is going pay per view and benifiting the non res more than the residents?

Yes the almighty dollar is that important. Imagine when the oil is gone. Tourism will be IT!

put me down for 100 acres...

I can imagine when the oil is gone..... in 500 years. Pshhh

A vast majority of public Alaska land is federal land,dude.

As a person who lives in the lower 48 that gives me just as much right to voice my opinions to its use as you.
    Last edited by indyjones; 01-01-2007 at 15:52.

If you are a citizen of the United States you have a right to voice your opinion because of the 1st amendment, not because of the amount of State of Alaska land that the federal government thinks they own.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post

As a person who lives in the lower 48 that gives me just as much right to voice my opinions to its use as you.
    You exercised it in 1982 in ANILCA.

You should be done now.

In fact, ANILCA had a "no more" clause...............

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Not according to the US Constitution.

Show me where it says that the Federal Government has the right to own that land they claim to be their's.

Alaska for sale? Yes. And our ex governor spent 100,000 dollars of state money to help destroy habitat. Next question?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I would ask you to elaborate but then again $100K can't destroy much habitat, probably an area smaller than the lot your house is on.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

100 grand to destory habitat, ya him and every construction company in alaska for every month of the summer!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    I would ask you to elaborate but then again $100K can't destroy much habitat, probably an area smaller than the lot your house is on.
    Mike

Easy to convince miners from asia to come here and destroy habitat, which is what our ex govenor decided he needed to spend 100k on, you know to let them know how bad our permiting process is and how little we care about our environment. I mean if any body gave a **** about anything but money everyone would have laughed when dynasty said lets make an open pit mine. The fact that most Alaskans want ANWR to be developed (thank god that won't happen) illistrates my point perfectally. Unfortunatly my terrible spelling doesn't help my case, sorry
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default The Fact is money will decide our fate!

We can all argue till we are blue in the face but as our oil resources run out alaska's government will find ways to make money. Yes we are the united states and someone who lives in Texas or any other state has the right to his/her opinon, but if you make judgement on something you have no true information on or understand what it means to live in Alaska ( living off the land) then that makes you A JACK ASS.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Thumbs down What a bunch of crap.

Yeah, thank God ANWR will never be developed and we will never have Pebble Mine! Who would want to develop resources and create more and better paying jobs? That would be ridiculous since we can import safe, cheap oil from Venezuela and the Middle East.

Sorry, I want to leave more here for my kids and grandkids than the exciting prospect of a lifetime career of loading tourists' bags into the bus.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default not just alaska!!

NEWSFLASH!!!!
    you think alaska is the only place this is going on!!!!!
    heck it has been going on in idaho long before alaska was even a state, and all the west for that matter..
    if anybodys got a right to scream, it's them poor folks in arizona, look at what the
    U.S.O. (united states sportsman) has done to there draw system.. for out'a staters

do a little research on that then come on here and talk about how bad it is in alaska

i don't blame ya for the way you feel, i have many of the same feelings about the same issues here in idaho

BUT WHAT THE HECK CAN YA DO ABOUT IT,,
    big money is gonna win EVERY TIME..

Default Hey Slimm

Hey Slimm

We feel your pain. But since this is an Alaska Hunting Forum and we have the opportunity to learn from what happened to the west, talking about it here gets more folks' eyes open and a little stirred up to help prevent or perhaps delay big money completely taking over our state, without leaving some of our ways intact.

-Carnivore

BRWNBR

ROFLOL (thats the funniest line ive read in here)
    Formerly known as one who clings to guns and religion

Default Whoa up Pardner!

Where I come from you'd be considered a "guest", federal taxes paid or not. The kind of thinking your comment displays is EXACTLY what breeds the contempt of locals.

Now breathe through the top of your head so your blood pressure don't go off the scale

JWB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast