Thread: Got zuki?

Default Got zuki?

How do the Suzuki's compare to the others? Looking at a boat with twin 225 Suzuki's. I have only owned Yamaha's

Default I love mine.

Responsive as all heck and fuel injected to boot.

I've been very pleased with my suzuki 140, if/when I upgrade to a bigger boat it'll be powered with twin suzi's.

We have twin 300 and they are sweet. I really like the electronic shift and the service here in Anchorage is top notch (Anchorage Yamaha).
    Boatless

Talking Two thumbs up from me!

Repowered last year with twin 250s. Haven't looked back. Love 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    We have twin 300 and they are sweet. I really like the electronic shift and the service here in Anchorage is top notch (Anchorage Yamaha).
    I have a 2006 DF115 jet. Love it! When I got mine the warranty was over twice as long as the others. Check it out.

Thumbs up

My last motor was a 150 VMAX Yamaha with a jet. I loved it's power, but the fuel mileage was horrible at best. Same with a 115 Johnson that I had. My new Suzuki 140 has a jet and it smokes the Yamaha, especially the Johnson, on mileage. The warranty is as good or better and even though it isn't as fast as the Yamaha at WOT, the overall performance is very comparible. I did alot of research on engines and the Suzuki's are awesome with quite the reputation for dependabilty, longevity, and fuel economy.. I wouldn't go back for anything. If you go Suzuki, you won't be disappointed.

Default DF owners

I don't remember if I let you know (Paul I sent you a pm a while ago) But I do have the Factory service manual for the DF 90, 100, 115 and 140 four strokes in electronic form.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send it to you.

Running a 2002 DF140 Suzuki up and down the Yukon. I have great fuel economy and it has not let me down once. I will buy Suzuki again, when and if it is time.

A friend of mine has twin Suzi 70's (4 strokes) that have 6,000 hrs on them; they're still running strong but he's going with some 90's I think to repower.
    Jim

I have the DF140 and can say nothing but good things about it...very nice...all the above is correct....
    I ♥ Big Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    My last motor was a 150 VMAX Yamaha with a jet. I loved it's power, but the fuel mileage was horrible at best. Same with a 115 Johnson that I had. My new Suzuki 140 has a jet and it smokes the Yamaha, especially the Johnson, on mileage. The warranty is as good or better and even though it isn't as fast as the Yamaha at WOT, the overall performance is very comparible. I did alot of research on engines and the Suzuki's are awesome with quite the reputation for dependabilty, longevity, and fuel economy.. I wouldn't go back for anything. If you go Suzuki, you won't be disappointed.
    Oh Yah... Look at their power/weight ratios too. My 140 is lighter than most 4 stroke 115's out there AND (if I remeber correctly), it's lighter than a Yamaha 100 horse.

I've been very happy with my 175hp version. But a big prop on it (the 200hp + engine props fit a 150/175 Zuke) and never looked back.

I did a couple years of research before I upgraded... New 225hp Suzuki last year... All I found in my time and research was similar to what is stated in this thread. It was hard to pull away from the Yammy and make a commitment to the Suz but I couldn't be happier with my choice. Go Suzuki, you won't regret it.