Thread: Finally! After 8 months, primers!!

Default Finally! After 8 months, primers!!

I ordered from ONE of the ONLY places on the internet who understands shipping correctly: Graf & Sons. So one case of 5k Fed LRM match primers should be here by Tuesday of next week.

I originally ordered Winchester LRM primers, Grafs still hadn't/hasn't received them, but when the Federal came in they had me next in line.
    Came home from work to see the blinking light on the message machine, called back, they were ready to send, just wanted confirmation I was still interested. You can't beat Grafs for customer service, they kept this order alive for eight months, then telephoned to give me five days before letting someone else on the list buy them.

Boy I am tickled. I have LOTS of cases ready to go, just needed the little sparkers. I can't wait!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Order.jpg  
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    I ordered from ONE of the ONLY places on the internet who understands shipping correctly: Graf & Sons. So one case of 5k Fed LRM match primers should be here by Tuesday of next week.

I originally ordered Winchester LRM primers, Grafs still hadn't/hasn't received them, but when the Federal came in they had me next in line.
    Came home from work to see the blinking light on the message machine, called back, they were ready to send, just wanted confirmation I was still interested. You can't beat Grafs for customer service, they kept this order alive for eight months, then telephoned to give me five days before letting someone else on the list buy them.

Boy I am tickled. I have LOTS of cases ready to go, just needed the little sparkers. I can't wait!!
    Ya powder and primers are starting to show up in number now. Itís still hard to find components for non main-stream calibers though because the factories are so far behind on the common stuff itís all they are running. I wonder whatís next to run short, I saw all the DC grocery stores were sold out in the storm. One snow storm and they are empty of food! Makes me think the Mormon idea of keeping 2 years of MREs may not be such a dumb idea these days. Strange days indeed!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post

What did shipping run to get the 5K primers to you?
    Tennessee

Hopefully a boding of good things to come

I think we will be getting back to normal, other than prices, in 6 months to a year. But with our feerless leader in charge , what is next? I was not caught unprepared in powder,primers, bullets, lead to make more or food. I suggest people think about what could happen if some disaster occured here in Ak. and how you would get through it. Suppose we lost the Beluga ( substitute your plant) power plant through earth quake or what ever. Suppose we lost a major natural gas line? I think it's a mistake to believe that because you have a good income that you can buy what ever you need whenever you want. The powder, primer, ammo thing is a good example of what can happen when people think there might be a problem. Can you imagine what a real disaster would be like. Don't depend on your government to get you through problems. Get Prepared. The 2yr food storage thing isn't a bad idea either. Although MREs would get a little tiresome for 2 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    What did shipping run to get the 5K primers to you?
    The hazmat fee was $22.50, and the 2nd Day fee was $32.50 for a total of $55.00.

I had tried a couple outfits in Anchorage, but was told only one box per day, per customer. I was willing to work with that. I told the salesmen I lived in Bethel, so dropping by was out of the question, could I give them my CC info, and have them put a box on the shelf, one per day like they wanted, until I had a case or two. Nope, didn't even want to consider it. I was even willing to pay a little extra, and purchase a couple cases of different primers to make it worth their while + some. Then it would have been simple to have an expediter drop by to pick them up and ship them for me. No joy. That's why I had to go out-of-State. Seems ridiculous, but then there is the reality.

At least they are on the way, I can load up my .308, .375 Weatherby and a buttload of 8x57mm and make up some try loads of 9x57mm. If I can make my 53 grain Barnes work in my wife's .223 WSSM I'll be a happy camper too.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...