Thread: Ruger 77 Replacement Stock

Back in Eagle River - For good this time!

Default Ruger 77 Replacement Stock

Folks, I have a Ruger 77 stainless in .300 Win Mag, with the synthetic stock (the full one, not the inletted version) and it is beating me to death. Would like to hear some recommendations for a quality aftermarket stock to replace it with. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ERR

Try a Hogue overmolded stock. The last .338 I had swapped one on to really seemed to help.

i have the same gun. last year during the summer i came across one. mine has the aluminum bed in it. little bit more but i think well worth it. new in cabelas the are $199. bought my dad one last year for his 338 in the same set up. he loves it. it is a bit heavier that way but again, if it is going to help you not to flinch when you are shooting at something well worth it. never weighed but it is not bad. plus the hogue has a better forend grip and it is wider, kinda flares out at the bottom. very nice stock. sportsmans has them from time to time. plus it didn't change the accuracy, if anything it helped with the floating barrel. checked it again this spring and i can shoot one hole groups at 100yds. where you can just barely see the outline on the second bullet. again can't go wrong.

I had a soft recoil pad installed on my Ruger .338 and had it ported. It is so loud that it is unbearable without ear protection but it shoots like a 30.06 with hardly any noticeable recoil. If I were to do it again I'd have a muzzle brake installed rather than the porting to achieve the same results.