Thread: guide and hunter convicted of wasting sheep

Default guide and hunter convicted of wasting sheep

ADN community blog about trooper dispatch on convictions.

The first reader comment on it? "How does this compare to Point Hope."

Pretty easy question to answer. These two had the evidence in possession when contacted by Troopers. Point Hope was the opposite.

AND one of them is a guide who has a set of licensing rules to follow. "I didn't know" is not an option once you have met the qualifications to obtain that license from the state.

....this makes me feel sick....

-about what happened to these sheep-
    -just awful!
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

About the same punishment for about 10X fewer animals killed than in Point Hopeless.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    About the same punishment for about 10X fewer animals killed than in Point Hopeless.
    Actually, it is significantly more punnishment for fewer animals. If we are comparing punishments (there is actually a number of significant differences between the cases, so it isn't a great comparison), remember that the results of Point Hope were no jail and community service with a minimal fine and no loss in hunting privilages (then again, they didn't even bother with licenses in the first place).

Forget the Punishments, that wont happen till the end. The comparason of crime and criminals is at hand;

Point Hope; Morons with guns, and a vast ocean of bull**** excuses.

Guide that wasted Sheep: the true Greed of a educated, licensed Criminal.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post

Point Hope; Morons with guns, and a vast ocean of bull**** excuses.

Guide that wasted Sheep: the true Greed of a educated, licensed Criminal.

We are all friends here, you can express how you REALLY feel, no need to make nice.......... I am not agreeing nor disagreeing with you, only encouraging clear communications........

A little research shows that Norberg was only an Assistant Guide. So, who was he working for? The other guy with him was an Alaskan..so maybe they were just friends out breaking the law and not a client/guide deal.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Trangmore is/was an assitant guide as well.

Ahhhhh Yes, to be clear.....

No shist on Guides, they make a living from this land like I do, though a bit differently, in the end, we have happy times and our bills are paid.

Its criminals and morons, stupidity and greed in all forms that Im against, with licenses, badges, guns or BS excuses.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

wow .. so they were both .. assistant guides... Dang..not good.. find the guides they were "under"

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

i think they just worded the story wrong...the "hunter and guide" i'm thinking were just buddies out hunting, both hold guide licenses...i know one of them...thats the breaks' for breakin, hated to read that...bummer.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Angry bummer

This is a total bummer. Blows me away what some people are willing to do when no one is around to see them.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Trangmore is/was an assitant guide as well
    Didn't show on the state licensing website, but who knows Maybe thats why he didn't get some of the charges Norberg did.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Hold on a minute - I heard all those sheep were diseased. Those guys were doing all of us a favor. They should be given medals.

Seriously, what is always stunning to me is when poachers take their stolen game to a taxidermist. I guess no one ever accused criminals of being smart.

Don Mulligan

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorswithdon View Post
    Hold on a minute - I heard all those sheep were diseased. Those guys were doing all of us a favor. They should be given medals.

Seriously, what is always stunning to me is when poachers take their stolen game to a taxidermist. I guess no one ever accused criminals of being smart.

Don Mulligan
    Wonder if the taxidermist noticed the horns were not plugged and call it in?