Thread: Trout or dollies in the Little Sue?

Default Trout or dollies in the Little Sue?

My wife an I are trying to buy a home in the Meadow Lake's area. I am wondering if there is any fishing in the Little Sue around Church and Pitmann Rd's. I have fished salmon in the lower reaches but wondered if there is any fishing within bike distance of my (hopefully) new house. Thanks for any info!

Sounds like you have some exploring to do.

I haven't fished the Little Su for bows or dollies (hopefully someone who has can chime in), but I do know there are dollies throughout the river system - I've trapped them through work on tributary streams up into Hatcher Pass.

From everything I've heard there are also rainbows, although it sounds like to lesser numbers compared to dollies. As for size, couldn't tell you.

The Little Su definitely gets a decent run of silvers, as well as kings and chum up into that area and beyond. You can't fish for salmon above the Parks Hwy, but where there are salmon the trout/dollies will follow. I'm currently working on a couple of fish passage projects on Sunrise Road not far from Church & Shrock, and both of those streams were loaded with silver fry when I was there last fall.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Thanks for the info. I grew up fishing little streams for bows and brookies and thought it would be cool to have a spot "just around the corner". I am not to interested in the salmon, especially that far away from the salt.

grew up fishing the upper little su and its tribs and still do.

fishing is fair. have had the best luck with egg patterns in the fall.

mostly dollies. have caught a few nice rainbows.

you can catch them on many types of flies.

above the highway is not open until june 15.

don't use bait above the highway. know more than one person ticketed for using bait above the parks.

they call it fishing, not catching, for a reason.

have fun. take care of her.