Thread: 375 Ruger was SPECIAL today

Default 375 Ruger was SPECIAL today

Took the 375 ruger african out today to see what she can do. I have yet to glass bed the rifle as I wanted to see what she would do stock. I also did not take out any handloads and just stuck with the 270 grain Hornady Factory loads.

All I can say is wow, my average velocity was 2798 FPS which is more than enough and I think I could push a few more FPS out on a warmer day. (It was 44 degrees) Accuracy was great for a big bore factory gun with factory ammo.

1st three shots at 25 yards (barrel break in and scope check) produced .5"

1st 5 shots at 100 yards, produced first 4 shots in .75" and then I pulled the 5th shot on a flyer which opened it to about 1.5, but take that away and its sub MOA at 100 yards.

Lastly produced a 1.95" 3 shot group at a lazered 226 yards.

I realized that this is not benchrest, but a dangerous game factory rifle, with factory ammo, and a scope that tops out at 5X....sounds like a great combo with me. I would have no issue shooting eland moose elk or bear out to 3-350yards if needbe....I think I found a winner here!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Default A couple more pics

5 shot 100 yards and 3 shot 226 yard groups.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Good shooting. I read the title and thinking you found a hot sale ran over here like women in Kmart to a blue light special!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

It will get even better with tuned hand loads, have fun.

Good work sir! Work up those hand loads!

Brett

my 375 ruger african shoot the same. 1" groups at 100 yds with a 2.5X scope. I could not believe it when I got to the target. great factory rifle.

Default love the 375 ruger

you own an awesome gun. i have one in the alaska grade and it will shoot less than one inch all day.