Thread: Nome Muskox with victory arrows and FOBs

Default Nome Muskox with victory arrows and FOBs

I just did a successful muskox hunt out of Nome. Martentrapper was a great help putting the hunt together for me and my gun toting friends. Everyone we met in Nome was very helpful and nice.
    We spent two days and around 200 miles of very rough snowmachining. I spotted the herd late on the first day and approached them on the snowmachine. They went straight up the side of a small mountain. I was able to circle around and get above them then stalk down within bow range. Here is a picasa web album to give an idea of the country.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/wckiger/2010MuskoxHunt#

Default Very nice

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a very nice animal, very deep on the horns.

Thumbs up very nice!

Thanks AK68

Thanks Bill. Had 2 guys down in the same country Mon/Tues. They couldn't find the herd. You sure got good pics.
    Still time for one or 2 more guys this weekend. Quota may fill if weather is good this weekend. Anyone wanting to try should get a hold of me soon.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Nice Going!! I was waiting to see you hand feed the fox in one of the pic's. He lloked really close. Congrat's on the Trophy Bow OX!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great pictures. Did you guys see any more moose than the cow and calf pictured? How spooky were the ox?

Thumbs up

Stoked.

Fobsterbation at its BEST!

Taylor

-[]-------->

Default ...

Saw these guys taking off at the gas station and BSd with them a bit. Glad there was some success!!! Nice bull, and congrats!!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

We saw several more moose and a few caribou. The moose were hanging out in most of the drainages with tall willows. The muskox were very spooky, heading up the closest mountains as soon as they hear the snowmachine. I couldn't believe how steep of a slope they were climbing.
    Did you and the policeman you were talking with get out hunting Alaskan22? It was good talking with you while spending $4.50+ a gallon for gas. It was worth every cent.

Default yuppers

Yeah we too got lucky. We REALLY had to put some serious work in for them. Enough that next year I won't be doing a "hard ox hunt" again. Here are the pics:

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Congratulations on some great looking bulls Alaskan22. Glad to see you guys got out and were successful.
    Thanks to Marc for setting me up with FOBs last summer. I've been a believer ever since. There are so many advantages to shooting FOBs, the only disadvantage I've come across is shooting groups and ruining FOBs although I saw a video where the guy cut out one section of the ring at a time and shot the arrow until he had removed all the circle and the arrow still shot well and hit the same point of aim.

Thanks for sharing your great musk ox hunt. Beautiful country up there and lots of good eats. Yum, yum! Great photos.

Great pics...looks like you guys had a great time. I'm hoping the tag gods will shine down this year for the Nunivak draw.