Thread: Coyote or fox hunting around Fairbanks.

Default Coyote or fox hunting around Fairbanks.

I have been trying to get into predator hunting, but i can't seem to find out where to go. Does anyone know some good spots for coyotes or foxes that aren't to hard to access?

Get out there, get your feet wet.... I know thats not what you wanted to hear, but that's about the jest of it.....
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Thebear189 View Post
    I have been trying to get into predator hunting, but i can't seem to find out where to go. Does anyone know some good spots for coyotes or foxes that aren't to hard to access?
    yes i do... unfortunatly all the parking in my yard is taken
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default vultures and coyotes

I think there are some vultures and coyotes down and city hall. Don't show them your bill fold or it will be a feeding frenzy!
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

If you want to get them down at city hall, you'll need a "more taxes" call to get them in.

You're probably not going to get anybody willing to give up any spots that they call Thebear189. People spend what little precious time they have trying to find their own spots to call and nobody wants any pressure on an area that produces animals up here. It's tough, I understand. I've spend the past 8 years putting together calling spots in hundreds of miles in all directions from Fairbanks. Get out and look for fresh sign and call in those areas, it'll come together for you. Once you get it down, you'll have a knack for knowing where to focus for calling. I don't spend much time calling right in or around Fairbanks, drive a ways or snowmachine if you can, it'll help.

I can understand that people don't want to divulge there secret spots. Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated. I am a complete beginner at this. Does anyone have a general direction or area that would get me started. Also which is more effective a jack rabbit, or cotton tail rabbit calls

i saw a fox in genes dodge chrystler parking lot

Thebear189,
    It doesn't matter if you use Cottontail or Jackrabbit. What is more important is that you use a call that won't freeze up on you if you're going to be out calling when it's really cold. Get a Sceery AP-6, that's a great open reed type call that can make sounds from a Vole to Rabbit and Bird. One are to try calling would be Rosie Creek area. I know quite a few people call there, but you can get Fox, Lynx and Coyote out there if you hike in a bit and stay away from tree cutters. Get out early or later in the evening and give it a shot. Hope that helps some.