Thread: Started Dog

Default Started Dog

I'm looking for a gun dog. I just swallowed my pride and sent my Pirate pup to a pro. I'm in the military and can't dedicate enough time to her so she's off. That being said, I think I'm going to leave her there throughout hunting season. I'm really not looking to spend a lot of money because I just paid quite a bit for her and now I'm spending a good bit each month on training. I need a gun dog for the season, though. I don't care about pedigree as long as the dog has health clearances. I would like a male. I understand finding a started gun dog for cheap is pretty tough, but on a lower enlisted salary, I'm already paying more than I can afford to make sure my Pirate pup is given every opportunity to succeed. If anyone has anything or can point me in the right direction, please PM me.

Changed mind. I don't even really need a pup with any training, I'm more or less looking for a leftover pup from a litter that didn't sell all the pups. I'm really looking for a pup around 6 months old. My plan is to train it as a gun dog and maybe sell it as a gun dog after this first season. Baron? Julie? Anybody?

I'll let you borrow my dog and you can give her back when yours is done. I won't even charge you anything!

She needs FF and CC.

Prefers the right side of the bed.

Hahaha. I don't know if this is exactly what I had in mind!

I doubt if my daughter will approve either.

You must really like Stacey.
    I think you are finding out what you should have done with your first dog.
    Wish I could have talked you out of it. At least she would have been local and she would be right here ready for hunting season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetland Retrievers View Post
    You must really like Stacey.
    I think you are finding out what you should have done with your first dog.
    Wish I could have talked you out of it. At least she would have been local and she would be right here ready for hunting season.

I'm going to leave her there full time. If she's got FT potential, I'm not going to hunt her yet. I don't have a problem with Stacey and I'm not mad that she's down there, I just realize with what I want to do with that particular dog, she needs to be with that FT pro full time. Since she's gonna be gone, I'm looking for a dog to make just a gun dog. I may sell him after the season or run a few hunt tests, but I'm really just looking for a meat dog since my main ***** will be with a pro full time now. I would have kept her here, but I can't dedicate the time she needs and down there she's on birds/water every day. I wish she were closer, but that's the price I'm gonna have to pay for her to get that kind of training year round. Know of anyone with any leftover pups?