Thread: Rem. 700 SPS Buckmaster "young Bucks" OP

Default Rem. 700 SPS Buckmaster "young Bucks" OP

Hello All,

Looking for your opinion on the Rem. 700 SPS Buckmaster "young Bucks" compact 20" BRL in a 243. My ten yr. old has a year and a half to hunt big game. 243 is the min. size cal. to hunt Deer and Elk in CO. I am also considering a full size 243 but since I have four kids I figure I can get more use out of the Youth size. Any op. good or bad would help. Thanks for the info.

I don't post much on this site but I have looked at it for years now and I can't believe how much I learned from you guys. Thank you and keep it up. Thanks Brice.

My son loves his sps 700 youth .243. There is no better way to start out a child than with a gun that fits him.

I bought my kids a rem700adl 243 and they shoot well with it, they killed several deer with it this season.It is a tack driver out to 150yrds maybe longer we just have not shot out past 150.I like it too,took a nice nine point with that little rifle.With the right bullet and good shot placement the 243 is deadly.I think any rem model 700 youth rifle would be a good choice for a kid.7mm08 and 308 in my opinion are also good youth calibers my oldest daughter 12 shoots a NEF in 7mm08 with no problems,not sure if Remington offers a 7mm08 in any of their short rifles other than the model seven which I am on the lookout for one