Thread: What do you want to see come out of the BOG meeting in FBKS?

Default What do you want to see come out of the BOG meeting in FBKS?

What are some of the topic's that you would like to see addressed, and why?

E.S., this is really too broad a question, considering the 130+ proposals before the Board this go-round.

The Board will hear testimony on the majority of the proposals, I'd wager. So everything from antlerless hunts to Fortymile hunt changes to baiting grizzlies to giving resident sheep hunters an earlier hunt start date than non-residents will be addressed.

The only way any of us can make sure the issues that concern us are addressed is if we already sent in comments (or proposals) or if we show up to testify and take part in the process.

I've learned that what I want to see come out of the BOG, and what actually happens, can be two different things. Not knocking Board members...just saying that none of us are always going to agree with Board decisions. They have a tough job (they ain't paid, either), and I don't envy them.
    Cheers,

It's a simple question, Mark.

It's a question about your own personal feeling's of what you would like to see, weather the board goes along with it or not.

( Somehow I don't think you are going to share your's Mark, )

You seen some of my concerns, ( some ) on the other thread, and there is no politica agenda behind them. I'm just a concerned person who has lived here and seen what can happen when a few get together and ruin it for all.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    What are some of the topic's that you would like to see addressed, and why?
    I would like to see tourist season extended, and bag limits liberalized to include no harvest restrictions on ones found to be older then they appear and or altered by implants that skew scoring.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Rock - I saw that you mentioned in another thread that "people don't care" because they had viewed but hadn't responded to this thread. It's not a simple question, and that's the reason that I didn't respond. What are the topics I would like to see addressed? That has already been decided based upon the list of proposals. It's a little late for such a question, in my view, and that's why I didn't bother to respond. It's not that I don't care - it's that it is a moot point.

As for what I would like to see come out of the meeting, again, that is awfully broad. One thing I would like to see is a reasonable solution for the 40 Mile caribou hunt. I hope they can find a way to preserve youth hunting opportunities. If the start date for that hunt is pushed back to September, it will seriously curtail youth participation. I would much rather see it go to a non-motorized early season, or possibly a limited number of registration permits.

A paddy wagon full of nude strippers

Brian the whole thing might be a moot point by now, but the question was what you yourself would like to see.

Thank's for your response, it was a simple question for the public.

Those that don't respond have nothing to gain or loose. It just show's who are concerned with what is happening in this state.

I know I can get over zelious on some topic's and have at time's gone overboard with people that are one sided on topic's, that being said, I would rather rub some the wrong way rather than follow a blind sheep.

Default What do I want to see.

I would like to see them address the issue of why I never draw a bison tag.

Seriously though How about the nelcina caribou four year rotation. The hunting priveleges restricted to that area the year of a draw. The continous point award which is lost if a year of application is missed. This does not mean an individual has used the area any less.

More youth hunts.

More 14c and 15 brown bear hunts

baiting in 14c

rural preference

that bison thing again
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I hear Bison points were coming back on the table this year...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Bison

My brother and I have put in since the draws started plus putting our wives in never a one just maybe not meant to be. I have drawn some other choice hunts though. Can't complain.........Wellllllll I could, but it would be for the shear sake of complaining

A point system sounds good, How would that work Vince? buy points, historic use points, prior application points, proximity or all start with a blank slate
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

SH, i think that was a atempt as to a rub at me,

I don't think you will see point's for bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I would like to see tourist season extended, and bag limits liberalized to include no harvest restrictions on ones found to be older then they appear and or altered by implants that skew scoring.

Just a fiendly reminder.....

You may NOT take game by:
    Shooting on, from, or accross the driveable surface of any constructed road or highway.

Ryan
    "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." ......Fred Bear

Default Tourists

They come from warm weather and don't have very choice hides anyway.

They stink I don't think I could eat one. Maybe with lots of Garlic

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_By_Choice View Post
    Just a fiendly reminder.....

You may NOT take game by:
    Shooting on, from, or accross the driveable surface of any constructed road or highway.

Ryan
    LOL thats easy...

get out behind the bus...

have your buddy drive by them and DOOR them into the ditch...

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by sledhands View Post
    They come from warm weather and don't have very choice hides anyway.

They stink I don't think I could eat one. Maybe with lots of Garlic

we don't eat them... but some are definitely worthy of MOUNTING

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    SH, i think that was a atempt as to a rub at me,

I don't think you will see point's for bison.
    NO Es... they started the Customer service number being issued to folks this year as they PLANNED on going to a point sys for the Bison and the the unit 13 bou...

but...

rumor is the bison point system will be Back before the BOG even before it gets underway...

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by sledhands View Post
    More 14c and 15 brown bear hunts

baiting in 14c
    This meeting is primarily dealing with interior issues, so 14C issues will have to wait for another board cycle.

I'm all for more permits for browns in 14C, but I don't see the need for baiting. I suppose that can be debated on another thread, though. Incidentally, there are parts of 14C where one can hunt brown bears with just a $25 locking tag, but very, very few hunters take advantage of this open opportunity.

Default 40 Mile

Is this the BOG meeting that will address the 40 mile heard? If so I'd like to see the dates stay the same due to it being open before school to allow the kids to participate and with motorized restrictions the opening week.

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default transporters

I recieved a letter from the state regarding a change to the campsites? My concern is that as a transporter transporting out of a villlage year round, we must or might have to have perssion from a guide who sets up camp to drop hunters off within 2 miles in the bay he just setup? All the while we been dropping hunters off there thru the whole season.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

we don't eat them... but some are definitely worthy of MOUNTING
    Lot of barren cows on those busses Vince...just sayin'
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem