Thread: Moving from WA to AK in June

Arrow Moving from WA to AK in June

I am driving from WA to AK in late June. I have searched and searched, and it's getting exhausting! There were some great posts on here, but I am still looking for more info. Most info I find is about going to and from Canada, not THROUGH it! From what I've read, I need a passport of some kind no matter what! The cheapest appears to be the enhanced lic from WA, and getting a new lic in AK. Pretty lame to have to buy a passport just to move! Also, I've read that I need a custody agreement for my dtrs, but the father is MIA! So that presents a problem. My cats and dog will be up to date on shots, do I still need a health certificate? Or is documentation of the shots enough? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by grneydaleut View Post
    I am driving from WA to AK in late June. I have searched and searched, and it's getting exhausting! There were some great posts on here, but I am still looking for more info. Most info I find is about going to and from Canada, not THROUGH it! From what I've read, I need a passport of some kind no matter what! The cheapest appears to be the enhanced lic from WA, and getting a new lic in AK. Pretty lame to have to buy a passport just to move! Also, I've read that I need a custody agreement for my dtrs, but the father is MIA! So that presents a problem. My cats and dog will be up to date on shots, do I still need a health certificate? Or is documentation of the shots enough? Thank you!
    I'm not up on everything, but I do know that you better have something for your daughters if you want to drive across the border. They will NOT let you cross unless you can prove you aren't abducting them, even if you are the mother. Basically you are guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent.

I went through this with my son, we had a crazy time getting through until I finally got my wife on the phone. They separated him from me and were questioning him by himself.

And yes, you need a passport. No way out of that.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

I needed up to date health certs for my dogs and cat. Most things seemed more important coming across the Canadian border- the US Customs agent at the AK border was very laid back both times I've made the trip.