Thread: Primers for reloading 325 WSM!

Default Primers for reloading 325 WSM!

Hi all;

I was wondering are any of you using standard large rifle primers for the 325 wsm? I have heard and read of people using them. Sounds strange to me.

Thanks

I don't do WSM stuff but thought I would point out that primers very quite a bit brand to brand. Some brands standards are likely as hot as or hotter than some other brands magnums are. Also I feel the powder its igniting is what should dictate the primer more than the case it’s in. Wouldn’t be the first time if I was wrong though.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default 325 WSM primers

I do load for 325WSM. I try to stick to the recipes for primers and powder. Haven't tried standard primers.
    Always start low and work your way up not matter what you use.

I use standard primers in my lighter .375 H&H loads all the time. Using IMR4895, I worked up to the 74 grain max with the Speer 235 grain bullet with CCI mag primers. When I went to 76 grains and a standard primer I got significantly better results with accuracy and ES.

Like ADfields, I feel the powder is more of the determining factor.

Mike

I load for 325wsm. I use Magnum Primers, almost all my hunts seem to be cold and wet. The Magnums are recommended for such conditions.

Steve