Thread: Reflections Lake sign damage

Default Reflections Lake sign damage

I am assuming that some of you are on the Alaskan's for Palmer Hayflats mailing list and received the email this week end about the damage to the new interpretive sign at Reflections Lake near the Knik launch.

For those of you that are not this is the info.

Someone shot a bunch of holes into the sign at the lake and if you know who did it turn them into the Troopers: case 10-12303.

Of course their message contained a lot more words.

If I remember correctly there were informational pieces on the back of the sign as well and I don't know why they didn't email out the exit wound photo.

Why the AKPHers think that this would not happen is beyond me. I have yet to see a sign not shot when near a road. If you build something next to an area that is habitually used by partiers this is going to happen soon enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That sucks!! More bad press for gun owners.

I can only imagine how many pallets have been burned at the boat launch to the Knik this winter, I just love those nails..........

Yukon, I noticed at home depot the other week they had a magnet bar on wheels for less than $20. It was not as wide as "professional" grade nail pickers, but would work for keeping in the truck.

I was thinking about picking one up for Mud lake and Jim lake since those spots get fires in drive lanes as well. Even though a pallet fire out there will cost a $500 fine if the troopers catch you they still burn them.