Thread: Kenai anchors

Default Kenai anchors

What anchors are allowed on the upper Kenai? Type, size, etc. I know you're not allowed to anchor in the middle of the river in everyones way, but what are you allowed to have to anchor off on the sides with? Recommended places to purchase would be great too. Thanks

Thumbs up Kenai River Anchor

The one most people use is called the Kenai river anchor. Available in different sizes at Trustworthy in Soldotna.
    works better than others I have tried just get the right size for your boat. I also know some guys who use them for halibut fishing as well.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Default Kenai Anchor

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    The one most people use is called the Kenai river anchor. Available in different sizes at Trustworthy in Soldotna.
    works better than others I have tried just get the right size for your boat. I also know some guys who use them for halibut fishing as well.
    this is also known as the "RL anchor". I have two sizes, I use the smaller size in salt and slower water, but need the larger for fall silver fishing on the Kenai. Bottom type will also make a difference on the anchor size. If you are in gravel (as in the upper part of the middle) or mud the smaller size may be fine, however I find that it doesn't hold in sand very well.

I have a 20' Koffler Special. It is a bit heavier than some of the Willies models and that may be why I need the larger size in the faster water. Hope that helps.