Thread: Log home sellers...whoose good?

Default Log home sellers...whoose good?

I might be buying some land with a 30x28 slab already on it and am just starting to look at prices for a log home. Not sure if I am going to get a kit and do it myself or have it just weathered in. I do want it done quickly after I make up my mind. Superior Log Homes in Anchorage seems to do alot of sales. Has anyone had any expeirience with them or other companies in the area and can you tell me how it all worked out for ya. I live in the Palmer area. Also if anyone has built recently about how much did it cost ya? Thanks.

Default good people

northern log & lumber in meadowlakes or wasilla are good!

I presently live and work close to Lake Clark

Default Craigslist

Has a few posts by people selling logs for a home and there are some selling kits.

Default Here's a new post

House Logs for sale - $2 (Kenai)

Date: 2010-02-16, 12:35PM AKST
    Reply to: sale-ted7v-1603876521@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

House logs for sale: 6 inch 2 or 3 sided $2.50 per foot, 8 inch 2 or 3 sided $4.50 per foot, 10 inch 2 sided $6.50, 12 inch 2 sided $8.50 per foot, natural house logs and saw logs also available. Statewide delivery by local freight company, free local delivery in Kenai/Soldotna area. Call 907-252-5911 or 252- 4955 for questions or orders.

Just finished a 2 year project building our log fusion house (34 x 30). At the onset of this project we explored nearly every option available and honestly talked one on one with about 10 different builders or log sellers. Do your homework and do your research. My advice would be try to get something built onsite. A kit or prefab when reassembled will never fit/seal as good as if built on site. Also going 3 sided and building yourself would be an option. That was once our original plan until we encountered a builder we really liked. We went as far as ordering the 3 sided logs, the cost was around $15000 plus delivery and your time building. Some options are Pines or Youngs in Tok or Regal Enterprises (SAPA) Kenny Lake. Just make sure their dry logs. Our log cost if I recall correctly was around $25 linear foot for full scribe with 16" average diameter. Total cost was $27,000. This was built onsite by a professional. We had a lot of framing and drywall given the house was not entirely log. We also did about 75% of the work on our own. Hired out the roof, electric, and some framing and drywall. In the end it cost around $85 sq. foot. Also we met with Superior Logs. There product seemed OK. Its just that your locked into their packages and their is little room for deviation.

Default Craigslist

16' x 20' 6" D log cabin kit - $7913 (Wasilla)

Date: 2010-02-17, 8:16AM AKST
    Reply to: sale-6wfgr-1604983476@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

16' x 20' 6" D log cabin kit
    1/2 loft
    8' porch
    3/4 OSB T&G Subfloor
    All log and lumber included to construct
    (907)373-3887
    www.logandlumberak.com