Thread: New Springer!

Default New Springer!

Well our new springer is now home with the family and fitting right in! Seems smart, at 8 weeks he uses the bathroom outside, and retrieves EVERYTHING!! If you throw it, expect it back. Wife was getting the kids changed and ready for bed and tossed a pair of socks over by the stairs for the kids to take down to the laundry, she goes back to putting PJ's on the youngest and a couple minutes later looks over to find the pup standing next to her waiting patiently for her to take the dirty socks from his mouth.

The hard part was finally "meeting" the dog, I called the wife on "skype" (a internet video chat program) and she answered it with MY DOG sitting in her lap.. He looks right at home too, wonder if I am going to be shopping for a new MY DOG in the future, since it sure looks like she is stealing this one from me!!
    I will post some pics as soon as I get them (hopefully tomorrow!)

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Well our new springer is now home with the family and fitting right in! Seems smart, at 8 weeks he uses the bathroom outside, and retrieves EVERYTHING!! If you throw it, expect it back. Wife was getting the kids changed and ready for bed and tossed a pair of socks over by the stairs for the kids to take down to the laundry, she goes back to putting PJ's on the youngest and a couple minutes later looks over to find the pup standing next to her waiting patiently for her to take the dirty socks from his mouth.

The hard part was finally "meeting" the dog, I called the wife on "skype" (a internet video chat program) and she answered it with MY DOG sitting in her lap.. He looks right at home too, wonder if I am going to be shopping for a new MY DOG in the future, since it sure looks like she is stealing this one from me!!
    I will post some pics as soon as I get them (hopefully tomorrow!)
    Sounds like a family, lap dog to me. Yes, you should start shopping for YOUR hunting ago in the future.

Springers, the only way to go.

"Alpine"

Default nice pup

I don't know if you are interested but the Arctic bird dog asso. has hut tests every year in the valley. They are mostly casual events where we can show off our dogs and lie about bird hunting. I am in Fairbanks so I do not belong to the group but I go down there and run Lynch in there hunt tests. Even if he is not ready for that type of thing you could show up and show off the pup to everybody.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

What A CUTIE..... I have to laugh at the color of your carpet. Mine looked beautiful just like yours - fast forward 2 1/2 yrs later and add TWO Springers to the mix.... and I'm now wishin' for hardwood floors!
    Enjoy your pup & hopefully will see him at the Novice Class (ABDA Club)...
    Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by killer instinct View Post
    What A CUTIE..... I have to laugh at the color of your carpet. Mine looked beautiful just like yours - fast forward 2 1/2 yrs later and add TWO Springers to the mix.... and I'm now wishin' for hardwood floors!
    Enjoy your pup & hopefully will see him at the Novice Class (ABDA Club)...
    Tammy
    That is the plan at the moment. I am off in the desert but my wife is hoping to go through the program w/ the pup. When does it usually start? My wife is a full time college student and for the moment "single mother" of three so time is pretty limited until summer break!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    My wife is a full time college student and for the moment "single mother" of three so time is pretty limited until summer break!
    Military Spouses are my Heroes! My wife worked, took care of an infant and remodeled my kitchen during my last deployment. The things they get done leave me in awe.

Stay Safe - for her sake, God knows she's worked for it.

YES they are, My wife and I were both active duty until 07, then she got out to go to college and I got out to spend more time at home. Somehow I ended up doing contract work downrange and am gone more than ever . She is pretty driven and knows that the faster she gets through school the faster I can look for something 9-5!

So far while I was deployed my wife has:
    Been pregnant 2x
    Had a child, 2 months premature and gone through the 2 week NICU deal alone
    Recovered from C-section
    Recovered from broken leg (chasing 2 kiddo's alone)
    Sold our house in FL and moved the whole family back to AK
    Done our taxes 4x
    Hauled wood for 2mos last year because our boiler was toast (keeping 2100sf warm!)
    got a boiler and roof replaced
    Taken a full load of Classes (with a 3.7 GPA!!) and raised 3 boys
    5 ER visits w/ kids (3 for stitches, 2 for seizures)
    Enjoyed 6 solo anniversaries (we have been married 10 years)
    5 Solo Valentines days
    6 solo b-days
    2 Solo Christmases

And 10,000,000,000 other things I don't have time to list here...

Well now we can add "rookie dog training" to the mix and I should probably formally submit an application for sainthood at some point in the near future

The Novice class starts 4/16/10 (see website www.arcticbirddog.com) and click on "Novice Class"......Mike Kasterin will teach the spaniels.....

handsome pup will take care of the family till you're back. will probably need another on your return.