Thread: Mammut Champ discontinued!

Default Mammut Champ discontinued!

I found out today they will be discontinuing the Champ pant. Their new pant is called the Glacier pant. We haven't seen it yet, so the oppinions are out so to speak. I bought two pairs of Champs today to "stock up". Just an FYI.

Brett

No worries from me, They must have heard that Westcomb makes a better set and decided to cut their losses.

Already have a pair of them, However, I prefer the Arcteryx Gamma Pants for my mountain hunts. Don't understand why they would discontinue a popular product, everybody I know that guides and hunts sheep wear them.

There are still some available on climbhighoutlet.com

Default Better one coming no doubt from Mammut?

Be interesting to see what replaces it, but good time to look for discounts maybe?

The Schoeller Dryskin Extreme in these pants is the best material I've worn for breathability plus water resistance. Still have to carry raingear, but it sheds water well. It cuts the wind and is tough enough. The stretch feature is a bonus, but sure makes them comfortable.

Other favorite features for me: big belt loops, roomy cargo pockets.

Default Arc'teryx Gamma MX Softshell Pant

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Already have a pair of them, However, I prefer the Arcteryx Gamma Pants for my mountain hunts. Don't understand why they would discontinue a popular product, everybody I know that guides and hunts sheep wear them.

There are still some available on climbhighoutlet.com
    Dang it Chuck,

You had to get me looking at the Gamma pants. I tried the the Gamma pants in med and it was just a little tight, I tried the MX Gamma pants which is a little thicker in med and they fit just right. Love the stretch and the side pockets. Will try to give them a good work out this year.

I tried the Champs, they are too long for my build. Nice pants though.

Steve

Steve,

You will like them. I picked up two pairs, one in Brown and the other in Black...like I said before, I did a sitting shale slide in mine this past sheep hunt and there are NO holes in them, I've had them for a few years now and they are still going strong. I use them for hiking too in the late Spring.

Chuck