Thread: Campbell Point

Default Campbell Point

Caught a pretty big Arctic Char out of here on Saturday. Pretty small lake for the size of this fish. TSS caught this dinker Blackfish also, good times with a good friend....

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

yea they stocked them in there in november 2008 and november 2007, not sure about 2009 but probably....i was there when the stockin truck just happened to get there....had to drill a hole for them with my 10" auger becuz some of the fish would not go down thru thier 6" holes!! that fish is lookin pretty slim, wonder if the little guys are gettin et up. good job anyhow! were you fishin by the dock? whatd you use?

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    yea they stocked them in there in november 2008 and november 2007, not sure about 2009 but probably....i was there when the stockin truck just happened to get there....had to drill a hole for them with my 10" auger becuz some of the fish would not go down thru thier 6" holes!! that fish is lookin pretty slim, wonder if the little guys are gettin et up. good job anyhow! were you fishin by the dock? whatd you use?
    No we were about 100 yards out towards the middle of the lake. We actually didn't even drill any new holes. Nitro Eggs and some shrimp were the ticket. Kept the little stockers off for the most part. The catch was actually a total suprise, I was screwing around with the bait at the bottom of the hole, then all of sudden that guy came out of nowhere. Didn't put up much of fight because I only had about 1.5 feet of line out. Funny...

Fish On!

well guys i was out there yesterday and today. i found a hole already punched ( small tho!) well a friend and i were passin the rod back and forth jus catchin the dinks. he gets his turn and hooks up with a BIGUN! spit the hook tho....i caught about the biggest blackfish i ever did see there too! bout a 10"er, wish id have taken a pic......today i was back out there fishin the same hole and wouldnt you know it i dropped my demon spoon down the hole, jigged it once, got a hit and set the hook, but it was like I was snagged...all of a sudden my reel is screamin and i realized i had a BIG FISH on....bigger than yesterdays no doubt.....after about a 5 minute battle of give and take, he made a sudden extra strength run and POP! GOES THE LINE! I never saw that fish but Id guess him to be a 5lb+ char if not more. There are some real jaw droppers swimmin around in there..well maybe tomorow will be the day I land him....BigCoX if you guys go fishin there again let me know and ill meet you there.

Release Lake Trout

Nice! Can't beat the fishing weather right? TSS took the Auger and sticks back with him to North Pole. I could easily go buy one or two poles if you have an auger to drill with? I left my Auger and Wheeler in Fairbanks when I moved here. Hopefully I won't have to work this weekend.

Fish On!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    well guys i was out there yesterday and today. i found a hole already punched ( small tho!) well a friend and i were passin the rod back and forth jus catchin the dinks. he gets his turn and hooks up with a BIGUN! spit the hook tho....i caught about the biggest blackfish i ever did see there too! bout a 10"er, wish id have taken a pic......today i was back out there fishin the same hole and wouldnt you know it i dropped my demon spoon down the hole, jigged it once, got a hit and set the hook, but it was like I was snagged...all of a sudden my reel is screamin and i realized i had a BIG FISH on....bigger than yesterdays no doubt.....after about a 5 minute battle of give and take, he made a sudden extra strength run and POP! GOES THE LINE! I never saw that fish but Id guess him to be a 5lb+ char if not more. There are some real jaw droppers swimmin around in there..well maybe tomorow will be the day I land him....BigCoX if you guys go fishin there again let me know and ill meet you there.
    And all of my gear is at the lake........

Default North POLE?

If you guys spring for a plane ticket I can come down tonight?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

i got 3 rods, plenty of tackle, a QF6 tent and a 10" power auger, plus heater and FISHTV......so ya got everything needed....was out there again this mornin, the bite was off but managed a few dinks. by the way i live right down the road from there.... with that lake you just never know what to expect. would like to try Long on the glenn later this week, mite be worthwhile.

Release Lake Trout

Hey guys I have a 10" auger that I only used 3 or 4 times 3 or 4 years ago. It is like brand new but I left fuel in it for a couple years. Is there a good place here in town to take it to have a tune up and carb clean out so I can take the grandkids out? Anyone know the cost of such a PM job?

Default gas auger

start a new thread you will get a lot on info, if you are handy with tools do it your self the small eng shops are not cheep they have to pay TAX'S an heat an keep the lights on an pay ther help also a living wage so do it your self a lot cheeper also you never said what part on the state you are in it would help

SID

Fished this lake today and caught two dinkers/fingerlings. It was very windy and super slow, fished it for about two hours...

Fish On!

Wow that is a heck of a nice fish! I heard there were some lunker char in there! I fished that lake today for about 3.5 hrs and caught nothing but dinkers! I might need to try a different approach to catching the biggins in there!

hey man let me know when you plan on goin fishing there...ill meet ya there! i know theres still some biguns in there to be caught.....

Release Lake Trout

hay,
    do me a favor and let those char go!

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa se!

Default nice fish!

My brother caught this guy and put up a pretty good fight. Cant wait until ice is gone so i we can take the good ol' porta boat out there! Nice fish you got there though, and those black fish seems to be growing in population. WE caught over 40 of them the same day!
    Attached Images Attached Images