Thread: Scarpa Manta

Default Scarpa Manta

Hi I've been looking for a new pair of sheep hunting/peak climbing boots. I think I'm going to go with the Scarpa Mantas. Has anybody out there tried this boot? How did it hold up? Any other advice would be great.

They're great boots. Well made and a full shank, but I'd reccomend the Liskamm as they are a higher boot with better ankle support.

Brett

How was the break in on them? How are they for approach hiking? Thanks for the info?

Long break in period. They are a hard sole so they aren't as quite as a soft, but not unreasonable either.

Brett

Thanks for the info Brett. I think i'm going to go with the mantas. I looked at the La Sportivia Trango also but just seemed like they wouldn't last more than a year.

Default Scarpa

I don't have the Manta's but I have two other pair of Scarpa boots and can speak of their quality. I've had a pair of Charmoz for three years and have climbed thousands of vertical feet in them each summer. They've taken a beating and still have lots of life left in them. Light weight, very supportive, stiff soled boot.

I purchased a pair of Mustang's this past summer as a more comfortable trail boot. Has a more flexible sole than the Charmoz but still performed great on a goat hunt last fall.

The Liskamm's get a bit heavier so keep that in mind.

Scarpa has excellent quality and a great lacing system. If the fit is good, you'll have a boot that should last for a few sheep seasons.