Thread: "Alaska's Bush Pilots...The Real Deal"

Default "Alaska's Bush Pilots...The Real Deal"

As a female student pilot I have always dreamed of flying the wilderness in Alaska. The other evening I caught something on a TV on a commercial about “Alaska’s Bush Pilots…The Real Deal”. Seemed to be on a channel like The Discovery Channel or??? They said something about it being a HD DVD 1080i (whatever that is?). Has anyone seen this show or know where I can purchase the DVD? I think it is brand new so maybe that is why I am having such a difficult time finding it? Please help! Thank you! Denise

Here is a link where you can see the movie in a decent quality online.
    http://www.openfilm.com/videos/alask...the_real_deal/
    Alaska is indeed "the" country that puts nature and flying together at its best. I hope it stays like this for a long time.

Just saw that the link I posted leads you only to a preview of the movie. Google for the movie leads you to several onlinestores like Aircraft Spruce etc...

RMK

Default great dvds

I would recommend "Bush Pilots of Alaska" as a great video. There are some great cub videos out there too. "Big Rocks, Long Props" I think is the name of the cub video I like. I've seen both for sale in pilot shops in Anchorage.

I bet you could find them on Amazon.com.

Just had a look at the link you indicate. That film has to be a GOOD one! Gonna look around an' get my hands on a copy. Thanks for the lead!

MOrt

Smile Found it! The new "Alaska's Bush Pilot's" documentary

Hey fellow pilots, I found it! The documentary is at www.alaskasbushpilots.com Although the trailer isn't long enough (darn, I wanted to see more!) seems this one is right on target and one that is a no-nonsense type DVD that spells it without the b/s. Maybe that is why they call it "The Real Deal" on the tail end. Time for popcorn, a nice evening and being in the "left seat" while being warm and in my living room! Thanks guys!

Question Licensed pilots in Alaska?

Anybody have any idea how many licensed pilots there are in the state of Alaska?

Here is an Alaska FAQ website... click on aviation and your question will be answered

http://sled.alaska.edu/akfaq/aksuper.html#avi
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

RMK

Default another source

You can go to the faa web page, and search airmens certificates by region. You can enter alaska region to see how many have current medicals.

I always used to hear 1 in 10, but that was when our population was much smaller.

If you're counting, you can start with me. There's one.

Default Flying in Alaska

Thanks RMK...I appreciate the advice. I figured there was at least one pilot in Alaska so you'e number one. Now onto number two! LOL. I did purchase the documentary, "Alaska's Bush Pilots...The Real Deal" (lucky me, I got an advanced copy!). Wow! Nothing like I thought it was going to be!!!! Here is the link for it: www.alaskasbushpilots.com It'd make all the pilots PROUD!

Denise31:
    The film is on topic and I don't think anyone here would object to you advertising it on this board. I do find it insulting to me and the members of this board that you present yourself as just an excited student pilot looking for information.
    If you want to promote something, promote it, but do it in a straightforward and honest way.

Why, shame on you,Denise 31! Your moniker makes me think you might be a little too young to remember when fibbing was a no-no in Alaska. Except around the hunting campfire, that is, where the most popular game was "First Liar Don't Stand a Chance." None of us will be offended if you simply want to insert a little marketing blurb here, I'm sure.