Thread: Olympic Biathalon

Default Olympic Biathalon

Was watching this today and had some questions about what rifle they were shooting and how the penalties worked.
    This is a good read if you are also interested.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biathlon

Got to thinking that we could probably do something like this. However, I want to use my snowmachine instead of those pesky ski's.

Dan

The Upper Susitna Shooters up my way have a course that can be set up for biathlon. A couple years ago we had the opportunity to have a couple Junior National biathletes come up and show it how it's done. Then we had a kids race (rifles stay in racks for kids) that was also a bunch of fun. After the race we were given the opportunity to shoot the .22 biathlon rifles. These particular ones used a rear aperture and a smaller ring up front. You simply centered the smaller front ring inside the rear ring and then centered the round target. Made for super quick acquisition and accuracy. Fun stuff
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I always watch it, very interesting sport. It sure would not be easy to shoot when your blowing, heart rate is up, and your thinking . . . if I miss I got to ski even farther so the hits will be even harder to come by.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona