Thread: Rifle Boots

Question Rifle Boots

What's the best set up for mounting a rifle to the ATV rack? More importanly where I can find these locally (Anchorage area)

Koplin has a variety of gun boots, from what I can tell online the impact models seem ok. ???

Thanks!

http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/pro....0-impact.html

sportsmans warehouse has the boots and many different mounts for the atv. and where and how to mount it is totally up to personal preferance.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    What's the best set up for mounting a rifle to the ATV rack? More importanly where I can find these locally (Anchorage area)

Koplin has a variety of gun boots, from what I can tell online the impact models seem ok. ???

Thanks!

http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/pro....0-impact.html
    let me know when you find the best one... i have been looking for years as every mount i have purchased made a trip or two and then broke...any more i ratchet strap and bungee my boot to the front rack (but to the rear) and tie a bag over it. ... Honest i have broke all the mounts ...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I haven't broke my Arctic Cat speed rack mount yet, but I also haven't tried really hard either. I hunt very little off my ATV's..mostly during spring bear and then the rifles just ride in the boot on an established trail.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    let me know when you find the best one... i have been looking for years as every mount i have purchased made a trip or two and then broke...any more i ratchet strap and bungee my boot to the front rack (but to the rear) and tie a bag over it. ... Honest i have broke all the mounts ...
    Great news.... : ) Was hoping there was a tried and true... Freaking hundred different options out there.... I like the idea of a good boot and just ratchet it to the front... I didn't like the way they sort of hung out there off the rear rack in the ones I checked out...

What boot do you like? (heck of a lot of those to choose from as well...)

Don't get the ones with the fleecy lining. The fuzz gets in everything on your rifle. The Arctic cat ones (made by Koplin) use a cloth soft gun case that slips inside the plastic gun boot.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Don't get the ones with the fleecy lining. The fuzz gets in everything on your rifle. The Arctic cat ones (made by Koplin) use a cloth soft gun case that slips inside the plastic gun boot.

I do like those boots too Doug!!... i have a few fuzzy ones here that have to be vacuumed out each year even though they look clean...

AKguy454 and i were out one day i dropped the hammer on a bou only to hear ...

CLICK!

150.00 at the smith getting boltdismantled and cleaned(never try to do that in the filed again) first thing out of the smiths mouth when i picked it up.....

you carry this in a Koplin, Don't you!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Kolpin makes good gun boots. I have a couple of old ones with the fuzzy (like sheep wool) linning. Don't like them as much as the new ones with the removable linning. Much easier to dry. The sheep wool type would never dry until you got home and put it on a boot drier for a couple of days. As for the mount I have two Polaris mounts for my PoPo ATV's and a universal mount for my Grizzly. I like the PoPo mounts, but they only work on Polaris ATV's. The universay mount has held up for two years so far with no problems. Just my $.02.

Dragging this up again... Anyone use the Koplin Gun Boot 5.0 Transport system? Seems to take up minimal rack space... ??? I like the idea of a protective case I can take out when in camp or stashing the rifle in the truck. ???

Here is the best price I could find:
    http://www.montanajacks.com/kolpingu...kol-20090.aspx
    With that said the shipping to AK makes it a worthless deal...

I don't believe Sportys has this one. Any other suggestions?

Default Plano

I have several Kolpins laying about the homestead, and I only use them for temporary toting of guns during moose season.
    For my Snowmachine and 4-wheeler I now use the Plano, which accommodates a regular, removable fabric gun boot which I permeate with silicone.

Default Kolpin

The big universal mount with more u-bolts to help stability work great. The new nylon inner boot is nice but one thing it does NOT do is breath. I got home after one trip and the danged thing was as wet as wet can be. There's nothing that's going to stop condensation.