Thread: Container Shipping

Default Container Shipping

We are moving up to Kodiak (from Alabama) in Apr/May. Anyone got any good recomendations for companies who will do a self-load shipping container move?

Thanks in advance.

I do quite a bit of shipping business into Anchorge and the only you-pack containers I have seen are from ABF. ABF's agent in Alaska is Carlile Transportation. I know that Carlile ships to Kodiak, so that end would be covered. You can check with ABF http://www.upack.com/moving-services...-container.asp and see if they can go from your town to Anchorage.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I checked ABF from TX to AK and they quoted me $10,000 yes, 10k.

You might want to check Carlile from Tacoma to Kodiak! I usually find them cheaper than Northland or Lynden for larger shipments.

Full container pricing from Northland stomps what I get from Carlile or Span Alaska. Unfortunately, freight pricing is definately decided by who you talk to at each company.

I guess it all boils down to how much stuff you have to move and how much time you have. In the past I have purchased 20' Connex containers outright and shipped them up with Northland at a reasonable rate filled with my stuff. You are still going to drop $1800 or more for a 20' container from Tacoma to Anchorage plus the cost of the container. You can usually sell the container in Alaska fairly quickly at no loss. I have no clue what it would cost to ship that same sized container across the U.S.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I could be wrong, but I don't think Lynden or Span service Kodiak! Though maybe one of their contract carriers do! I've had good luck with Northland to SE, but there dock in Seattle is run like a circus compared to the new terminal for Carlile in Tacoma. Carlile almost always gets my vote for shipments to Anchorage. Either way it's gonna cost a good chunk of change.

TY all, I'll chase up those names. $10 ish is really not that bad compared to some other quotes I have had! Sure beats doing 2 U-haul runs up the Alcan!

Default Alabama to Kodiak

Hello nbh40, I can provide to you a competitive shipping rate but I need to know where in Alabama (Birmingham, Montgomery, etc...) the freight will be originating from and the size of container (20' - 40') that you would like a quote on to Kodiak.

Thanks in advance.

NBH:

I just got my quote back from ABF and the quoted me 15K to move from Florida to Anchorage....

If you were going to Anchorage we could just put it all in one and ship!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dskel1122 View Post
    NBH:

I just got my quote back from ABF and the quoted me 15K to move from Florida to Anchorage....

If you were going to Anchorage we could just put it all in one and ship!! LOL

and i thought paying out allmost $.11,000.oo dollars for two conex units to alaska from texas was bad allmost a year ago ..one was a 40.ft long unit and one 2o.ft unit ..it cost more to ship the units to the port of anchorage than it did to the port of seattle

one of the idea i had was to ship the 20.ft long down to seattle and fill it with diff food and other supplies that i can get in bulk then ship units back up there with a brunch of familys all pool our money and ship it back and forth as need a couple times of year ,,but after beening up there i found that the some of the items where going to cost me just as much in shipping as i was trying to save a few dollars here and there....

Default Container Service

I highly recomend this Company http://www.alisonsrelo.com/ ask for Ben or Alison Mc Daniel There service is 2nd to NONE! They Qoted me a number and it never changed! They will truck your stuff to Seattle and then put your stuff on a Ship to the port of Anchorage or in your case Kodiak! So if your shipping any firearms they don't have to go through Canada! CALL THEM!!!!

Try samson barge.

www.samsontug.com

I have used them for several shipments. Best rates known from SEA.

Bigfoot Lgm Inc.

3701 Taylor Way Ste B
    Tacoma, WA 98421 Map

(253) 460-0155
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...