Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upper Kenai reports?

Default Upper Kenai reports?

Anyone have any reports for the upper Kenai, either the bridge or sportsmans to jims? Thanks

Hey Bowdy. One of the members and his buddy were going down today. The walked in last week and did ok from what they said. Biggest problem is getting your flesh or beads down to the bows past the silvers. Silvers are still and will be there through march and are very aggressive up at the bridge for sure. Im hopeing they post a report when the get back this evening.

I was gonna go but had to cancel due do to a family ememrgency
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Question Silver at the bridge

Hey Chuck
    What flies would you throw at those silvers ? Are they totally puked out ?C & R only?I need to look at the regs.

No fishing allowed for the silvers, they eat anything you would throw at bows, including nymphs
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    No fishing allowed for the silvers, they eat anything you would throw at bows, including nymphs

Hey Monkey, I know there is no freaking fishing for silvers. You remind everyone and everybody about the P's and Q's. Once in a while shut your hole.

Mark the slivers get caught due to thier aggressive nature. Unless your gonna nymph them like monkey or wahtever he does. I am chasing bows but the silvers hit beads, flesh, ESL's anything you toss at the bows.

Junk Monkey. It is collatral damage. They still get released unharmed. We are chasing bows so tell me another reg I dont know.

I don't believe that the monkey was implying that you were targeting the silvers akchuck. The next post (post #3) was asking about the regs and what flies would you use to target the silvers. There is a "BIG" difference between accidentally catching versus targeting a species during a closed season IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Hey Monkey, I know there is no freaking fishing for silvers. You remind everyone and everybody about the P's and Q's. Once in a while shut your hole.

Mark the slivers get caught due to thier aggressive nature. Unless your gonna nymph them like monkey or wahtever he does. I am chasing bows but the silvers hit beads, flesh, ESL's anything you toss at the bows.

Junk Monkey. It is collatral damage. They still get released unharmed. We are chasing bows so tell me another reg I dont know.
    Ouch, someone needs to have a beer and calm down a little bit. Iceblue is right, he was just answering post #3 and wasn't referring to you. It must be late winter. Take it easy and relax a little.

Default Not wanting anyone to get riled up

After looking at the regs I wouldn't be targeting any silvers,just curious as to their fighting viability.I am very careful when handling any fish ,don't want to stress them too much.But I also have a new 8 wt. thats still a virgin.I'd like to change that. So thanks for the replies guys.
    Maybe I'll have that beer now.........

Hey Mark. No worries. None of us were commenting about your post. Just the guy who jumped all over Monkey for answering your question. That being said, there's no reason not to still have a beer. Good luck trying out the new rod. I may try and make a trip down this weekend just to get outta town.

Default Good advice

Maybe I'll have a couple there patrickL.Cause I sure don't worry.I got enough grey hair from my kids. Keep em coming guys......

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    Hey Mark. No worries. None of us were commenting about your post. Just the guy who jumped all over Monkey for answering your question. That being said, there's no reason not to still have a beer. Good luck trying out the new rod. I may try and make a trip down this weekend just to get outta town.
    Maybe you would be a little short too if your mother died this week after fighting brain cancer for months.

Besides the monkey has a history of being the Barney Fife of Alaska.

I don't know chuck but I am sorry to hear about his mother. Sincerely. I also don't know Monkey at all, but even if he is Barney, no need to be so quick on the draw.

Mark, I've only had kids for 4 weeks now and think my grey has doubled. I can't image what I'm gonna look like in 5 or 10 years. Heck, I may not have any hair left and therefore nothing to worry about.

I heard the older you get the less you need to spank the Monkey. So please Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by fishook View Post
    I heard the older you get the less you need to spank the Monkey. So please Quit.

LMAO There are 2 ways to look at this.

1. I have sort of taken on this thing about ripping monkey. I have met and fished with monkey. Im guessing now if I dont rip him he will think something is wrong.

2. I was just pissed last night. I know he is young and all but I have 30 years in this state. I do know the regs. I had a mom she told me the rules I dont need some kid doing it all the time.

It just hit me wrong last night. for those of you that I offended. To Bad. If you truly know me you would understand I pick on monkey.

Then again as I tell my guys at work or my buddies. If Im not picking on you, Im probably really pissed or dont like you at all. So it is nothing. Just kind of my thing now and untill monkey takes it very personall and tells me to stop I will kepp flipping him poo. Cuz thats the way I roll

If Chuck doesn't rip monkey, one of us will jump in.

fishook, rep inbound. That's good stuff.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Are monkeys considered deleterious or exotic game per the hunting regs?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

[QUOTE=spoiled one;670404]Are monkeys considered deleterious or exotic game per the hunting regs?[/QUOTE

Good god I had to google Deleterious. Just looking at that word made my brain explode

Main Entry: del·e·te·ri·ous
    Pronunciation: \ˌde-lə-ˈtir-ē-əs\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Greek dēlētērios, from dēleisthai to hurt
    Date: 1643

: harmful often in a subtle or unexpected way <deleterious effects> <deleterious to health> synonyms see pernicious

del·e·te·ri·ous·ly adverb
    del·e·te·ri·ous·ness noun

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    Ouch, someone needs to have a beer and calm down a little bit. Iceblue is right, he was just answering post #3 and wasn't referring to you. It must be late winter. Take it easy and relax a little.

Patrick. Im sorry I am sorry I came off wrong and believe me I have had enough beers. I know Monkey and I do rip on him,. Nothing to personal. Tough week here and I unleashed on him. Was that right. No it was not. Would I still do it. Yes but I do it and did it when I fished with him. I had a bad day but I do now the regs and all and so does most. Sorry you guys took me the wrong way. I am sorry

Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    I don't believe that the monkey was implying that you were targeting the silvers akchuck. The next post (post #3) was asking about the regs and what flies would you use to target the silvers. There is a "BIG" difference between accidentally catching versus targeting a species during a closed season IMO.

Monkey has been on the river with me this time of year and knows what Im talking about. Just not my day sorry guys

Not that I felt that I needed an apology akchuck but I appreciate the gesture and "thanks". I know that they are just words but I am sorry to hear about the personal stuff that you are going through.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast