Thread: Meat Processing

Default Meat Processing

I am looking for a quality meat processor that will pick up at the Anchorage airport. We are going on a float hunt out of Kotzebue and are planning on shipping the meat via NAC. I remember reading a few months ago about a processor doing bad work so I am looking for a company with a good reputation. Thanks (And yes, we are capable of processing our own meat but we are taking the lazy way out for this trip!)

I've used Glenn's in Anchorage for several animals. Great work, fair prices, fast turnaround, depending on season. I see on his website he picks up and delivers to the airport. I highly recommend, and the chorizo is awesome, as is the hot Italian sausage (I have both done from bear, and moose chorizo as well).

http://www.glennswildgame.com/pb/wp_..._f8a41b4a.html

Chris

Default Indian valley

I believe indian valley meats will pick up at the airport. I have had a lot of their products and can not complain a bit about any of them. And they have always done a good job

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help.

+1 on Glens he has been very dependable we get the same quality service everytime.
    He has a very neat & clean operation, and picks up and delivers from airport day or night.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Alaska Sausage and sea food will also. i ship down to them all the time for liver sausage... they do good work too.. all the bad processors are here in fairbanks it seems..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

C&J Meats on International Airport Rd. will do all cuts, make Italian sausage, breakfast sausage, and hamburger then commercial vacuumed sealed in the heaviest duty sealing bags I have seen, all for $1.00/lb. Very quick turnaround time in a very clean shop. I don't know if they deliver to the airport, but they’re just a couple miles down the road.