Thread: New floats

Default New floats

I'm new to floating and I'm looking for someone to follow down a few rivers and so on. I've done the Kenai 3 times but nothing other than that. So if anyone is willing to do some fishing and wouldn't mind showing someone the ropes I will be up for it this summer. I'd like to do some Valley streams, Montana, Willow etc. I've got a PAC 1200 if that matters. Thanks

Default Looking forward to soft water

The K.C.K. Knik canoers & kayakers Does a spring float with rafts on the matanuska river as a way to learn a little more with some pretty good people. It's limited in how many they can do in the class part so you need to watch for when it is if your interested to get signed up.
    I'm no expert myself , but do enjoy floating a lot and hope to do a lot more this year. I'd love to fish and float with you some time. I've floated willow from the bridge down to the mouth and it's a lot of fun with a bit more stuff to get into if your not careful. I think the size of the kenai makes it really a great river for learning on as there is lots of room, where as willow is small and lots of stumps and trees. The upper willow and montana does have a lot of trees to deal with. I have some places I'd like to try also and having another one floating along would be good fun. Not to say helpful for our return rides as well. If you want to chat more about a trip or two send me a PM

Default I'd be up for it.

I haven't floated any of the valley streams either but I have been floating the Kenai for several years now. I'd certainly be into planning a float trip up there with you guys if you want an extra boat along for safety. Send me a P.M. as well and we can chat about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    I'm new to floating and I'm looking for someone to follow down a few rivers and so on. I've done the Kenai 3 times but nothing other than that. So if anyone is willing to do some fishing and wouldn't mind showing someone the ropes I will be up for it this summer. I'd like to do some Valley streams, Montana, Willow etc. I've got a PAC 1200 if that matters. Thanks
    Eric Downey is a great guy to contact and would have all the info you need on floating. Here's the email and website: kck.org@gmail.com
    http://kck.org/index.html

The KCK is a great organization for new paddlers. You must attend their safety class before doing the spring trip down the Matsu...not sure when that course is because I'm kinda stuck in Afghanistan right now, but Eric Downey can give you dates and times. I'll be back in the spring and maybe I'll see you on the river...if you don't get in the course just give me a shout and you can follow me down...good luck!

Default pm me this summer

I try to float alot during the summer so PM me when the water softens up and we can work something out. I know the upper Kenai really well and I've floated Willow (upper and lower) 100's of times and little willow in the valley. I still want to float the canyon and the middle Kenai and every other river we could drive to (reasonable). I live on FT Rich.
    I'm always looking for new places to explore and like having the logistic help of another person along.
    Let me know in a few months.
    Travis