Thread: Duck hunting on Alaska Outdoors TV

Talking Duck hunting on Alaska Outdoors TV

Here's our first attempt at producing a duck hunting episode. I really enjoyed duck hunting and learned a ton here. Went down for last years opener in Cordova...for us it was pretty bleak but still had fun. I'm excited to try producing another duck hunting episode next season. Check out the old cannery we stayed in as base camp.

Here's a teaser...I'll post in the duck forum also. Have a great weekend!

Episode airs this weekend on FOX 4 KTBY Sat 5pm Sunday after Fox sports.

Come by and say hi on our Facebook site also.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alaska...was=1693556435
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Alright, so that's twice you've posted the duck hunting in Cordova teaser. I want to see the full show. As a former resident of Cordova I'm interested to see what ya'll were able to do. If it was bleak then you definitely were just in the wrong place. There are more birds in Cordova than anywhere I've ever seen. I can't wait to get back there this fall for another go at the birds!

So when do we get the full version of your show on here. Some of us don't live in Alaska anymore, but we sure are interested to see the episode!

Never saw anything about the cannery in the teaser video either. Was it the one in town or the one down the Eyak River?

Default Heading back next season

The lack of ducks the first two days was a misnomer as they did very well the previous year so yes, it was a hot spot just not the days I was present. Cannery was the old Aurora Packing Cannery…about 4 of them near Harding Bay…all privately owned now and being restored. Made for a great base camp no doubt! We’re going back this coming season and expect to see a ton of ducks actually landing and not just fly overhead too high. I’ll get a tease clip up of the cannery. In about a month or so (don’t hold me to it) we’ll have a new outdoor online network that will host all the shows and you can watch them there until we place the series on national cable. DVDs will become available here in the short future as full season disc sets.

A hunter could not ask for a more beautiful and bountiful piece of land to hunt than Cordova.

Please be sure to let me know when the DVDs come out. I believe you're talking about Hartney Bay out at the end of Whiteshed Road. You're correct in that it's a very beautiful area. Just down the shoreline from there, away from town, is a great place to kill all the pintails you could ever wish for as well as good numbers of mallards. There are also plenty of geese and even a few brant around that area in the beginning of the season.

I can't wait to get back there this Thanksgiving for some hunting!!

Default Hartney Bay

Yes. Hartney Bay. Not sure what I was thinking. Hopefully we'll go back to produce a second TV episode this fall. I could become a full-time duck hunting fan pretty quick. I'll email you when I get the DVDs done.

Tim

This is all a ploy by the Cordova Chamber of Commerce to get you to go there and spend money. This show was really filmed on the Palmer Hay Flats and that is why they intentionally ran it after Daytona so no one would see more than two minutes of it. I heard Ring King has never been to Cordova but he does ads for them. All the pics of ducks he posted were really taken on the hay flats as well. There are no ducks, bears, moose or fish in or around Cordova at all. It is actually an arid desert there. The airport closed and the marine ferry is no longer going there so now you can't even get there. Oh ya don't believe everything you read on the internet....

It was a great show if you are into bird watching rather than duck hunting...

The cannery stuff was pretty cool. Most old places I have been to up here were too ran down to safely enter without falling through the floor. The opposite of the ghost towns in Nevada when I was a kid.

You guys were on in Fairbanks for a while on Sunday mornings. Now I cannot find you.

Do you know if you are on at all anymore up here?

Cool

Ok, I saw this show and it for the most part a good show. But I cant believe that no one has yet said anything about the great duck calling that was heard on it! If I remember correctly, even the host said something about it on the show.

This is all a ploy by the Cordova Chamber of Commerce to get you to go there and spend money. This show was really filmed on the Palmer Hay Flats and that is why they intentionally ran it after Daytona so no one would see more than two minutes of it. I heard Ring King has never been to Cordova but he does ads for them. All the pics of ducks he posted were really taken on the hay flats as well. There are no ducks, bears, moose or fish in or around Cordova at all. It is actually an arid desert there. The airport closed and the marine ferry is no longer going there so now you can't even get there. Oh ya don't believe everything you read on the internet....
    OK...now that made me laugh. Thanks. I needed that!

You guys were on in Fairbanks for a while on Sunday mornings. Now I cannot find you.

Do you know if you are on at all anymore up here?
    Sorry we're not on any Fairbanks station right now but maybe again in the future. Had FOX there but they couldn't keep it together so we pulled the program. All the shows should be available soon on the internet in full length.

Ok, I saw this show and it for the most part a good show. But I cant believe that no one has yet said anything about the great duck calling that was heard on it! If I remember correctly, even the host said something about it on the show.
    Ya...big 10-4 on that. That guy was awesome! His daughter now wants to start duck hunting...so cool.

Default Duck hunting airing this weekend on FOX KTBY

Airing again the Cordova duck hunting episode this weekend Sat n' Sun for anyone missing it the first couple times. Just confirmed plans to go back out this duck season, I'm very excited now that I've got one duck show under my belt and have a clue of what's going on.

Enjoy!

Do you mean you're headed back to Cordova this coming duck season? If so when are you planning on being there? The family and I are headed back up this year for a two week trip of silver fishing, halibut fishing, duck hunting, deer hunting, and possibly a moose trip on my father in laws tender. I can't wait. I dream of Alaska everyday while enduring the 90 degree heat here in Florida!! I can't wait to move back up there though I think the wife is going to make me do another tour in the lower 48 before we get back to Alaska.

Default Yes, Cordova ducks

Ring King,

Yup! Heading back to Cordova for duck hunting. Last we get kind of got skunked. I love Cordova. I could shoot a whole TV series just in Cordova there's so much to do. Hmmmmmm....

Red face calling

I wasnt ganna say anything about the calling. Glad someone else did.. LOL