Thread: Lab/Chessie at Mat-Su Shelter needs help

Default Lab/Chessie at Mat-Su Shelter needs help

Can anyone in the Mat-Su area take a look at this dog? She is on the shelter's euthanasia list, is Lab/Chessie, not spayed & about 13 months old. I've heard she's a nice young dog, but am too far away to look at her. ID # is A031672 & she's black.

Thanks!
    Karen

Mary P has the dog now, paid the fees and rescued her just to save from the deadly shot. Very frendly mostly lab mix, 80lb, very active. She already has 5 Chessies and so will not be keeping this one and is currently looking for a home for it. Should make a good hunter for somebody looking for a cheapo hunt dog, or a great pet. PM me for more info if interested. Bud

Default Lab needs new home

Thanks Bud! Just heard from Mary & she needs to find a home for "River" soon. She also believes the dog is all Lab. Golden Retriever Rescue Fairbanks offered to foster the dog, but hopefully someone local will be interested.

Karen

I have helped Mary board this dog for a while. So here is my experience with her.
    Great with other dogs. Very active and playful. She will sit, and I have gotten her to sit and wait for food. She is crate trained. She needs further obedience training and socialization with people skills. Just excited and energetic. I would say she is about 60 to 65 lbs. I guess 65 to 70 full grown. Lab personality. With some wavy hair....not flat like a labs but not long like a goldens. Sorta an in between. Spayed already.

Default dog

Hi I'm intrested in getting another Lab for duck hunting. I would like to meet this dog sometime if thats a possibility. Thanks.