Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportmans Guide now acting weird about shipping gun parts

Default Sportmans Guide now acting weird about shipping gun parts

I ordered a gun part from Sportman's Guide the other day.
    The computer was acting up SO I called it in...

The kid on the phone is going through the motions and suddenly he stops and says.. "Oh, I see you are in Alaska , so we have to charge an additional $10 in shipping."
    I tried to reason with him about mail rates but no dice... So I was now paying $19 in mailing for a $18 item....

Then he stops again and says, "Oh this is a gun part and that means it is carrier restricted, so we can't send it to Alaska either."

I asked "since when is a bolt part a restricted item and why only for Alaska? "

Oh course he had no answer and I was shoved off to customer service, who has been telling me the same thing...

Sad when a truly Red Neck catalog store gets caught up in politically correct BS to the point that they have no idea what they are talking about...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Something aint it! Why they can't just drop it in a flat rate box just makes me yank at my bald head.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I think there is a legitimate concern that, if we start shipping things like gun parts up to you people in Alaska, you are going to start some kind of trouble up there. Better safe than sorry.

Default A while back

I posted a thread when Sportsmans Guide salesperson wouldn't send an SKS mag to me because I lived in Alaska for supposedly the same reason. I talked to the supervisor and the next day, I talked to customer service who discovered that the salesperson and the supervisor didn't know jack about it and they would send me the mag after all, but I had already bought one elsewhere. I am going to call SG and go as high as I can to see what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    I think there is a legitimate concern that, if we start shipping things like gun parts up to you people in Alaska, you are going to start some kind of trouble up there. Better safe than sorry.
    So you’re saying they are afraid we will start a rebellion?

We have less to lose when they treat us like another country anyway.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    So you’re saying they are afraid we will start a rebellion?

We have less to lose when they treat us like another country anyway.
    I hope you realize I was just trying to be funny. I just don't like using the symbol when what I'm saying is so insane that it can't be taken seriously.

They told me no problem sending one of their 98 Mausers stright to my house.On the flip side they couldn't ship me a tent but sleeping bags are safe and OK so go figure

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    I hope you realize I was just trying to be funny. I just don't like using the symbol when what I'm saying is so insane that it can't be taken seriously.
    Sure I do and I thought it was funny too, thats why I replyed.

When you live here you get used to people on the phone saying things like "Alaska! We only ship to the Unites States!" or “Alaska! We ship to the 50 US States only!” or “We don’t have an export permit for Alaska.” Or “What’s your country coed?” and other ludicrous things that show how well the average person knows their own country.

I have got to the point when ordering stuff I don’t say Alaska I ask for a quote to 99645, saves a lot of arguing about where I live. Oh, we all live in igloos and it’s always dark by the way . . . it’s amazing.

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    They told me no problem sending one of their 98 Mausers stright to my house.On the flip side they couldn't ship me a tent but sleeping bags are safe and OK so go figure
    Ether you have a C&R or they are even more messed up than I thought!

You ordered a gun so adding the tent could be the start of a terrorist training, but you need the sleeping bags to keep from freezing in your igloo. See completely logical.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Dang it ADfields

You took my line, I was gonna say it's always dark, we live in igloos, but we do run extention cords for the plasma tv. We eat whale blubber and whatever we can extract from the frozen ground. Sometimes we have to eat our pets. Although, GLOBAL WARMING has improved our living situation greatly. There are so many animals that drowned in the glacier pools that we got it pretty good right now. While all you land lubbers "down there" are getting OUR snow, we're having a heat wave up here. I have to say, raw baby seal isn't bad. I only had to whack it 15 times for it to die, but hey, whaddya gonna do!...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Default Flat Rate Shipping REQUIRED

For a long time I quit doing business with Midway USA because they wouldn't ship "Flat Rate". They've changed now, so I'll buy from them again. BUT, if a company won't ship Flat Rate, I buy from someone else, even if it costs a couple bucks more for the item(s). If enuff people did this, they'd get the message ... eventually.
    In God We Trust.

Yah, I don't know what their deal is. I ordered a 1903 Springfield bolt and they sent it signature only, must be over 18 years old. Weird.

Iam not makeing this up ..i was at a friend house when this came up ..

Here is something came with the Miss U.S.A. contest that we where watching at a friend house she is really into the whole contest thing for her kid does the local contest area for her age class when one of the guys who is part of the girl group that helps her get ready for contest said this about way there where three extra girls in the group of 50 girls in the contest .. ,,some one was trying to tell one of the so called extra three people in the contest instead of haveing normal 50 women in the contest there was extra three girls one for the Merto D.C area and the Virgin inlands and the Puerto Rico area.. that what we told him the three extras girls are for and he was trying to tell us that the Alaska and hawaii are still territories that way there are extras people in the contest

The guy was trying to tell because Alaska was not part of the united states that way Alaska and Hawaii where part of the extras three girls that was in the contest .. the people who where at the table where looking at the guy like i went to public school and i learn that the Alaska and Hawaii are part of the 50 states what your excuse for not knowing that ..

she pulled him off to the side and told him not to make stupid statements like that for you need to learn your country history a little better for they became states in the 50s era..
    I mean i had some stange reason behind the some of the shipping problems to Alaska and Hawaii because of the distance it has to be shipped but not part of the United States is something that people need to better taught in school

I stopped doing business with SG when they told me they couldn't "export" a Leupold scope to Alaska.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

I have had two of the same item on order for three weeks from Sportsman's Guide. Despite repeated emails saying they were ready to ship, nothing has happened yet. Now they are saying it will ship directly from their supplier.

My last email to them dated last Thursday told them to ship Monday or credit my charge card. Of course they placed a charge against my credit card IMMEDIATELY upon receiving the order. For three weeks they have had my money but have not shipped as promised.

In my experience as a banker, actions like this are normal for a company having financial problems. There is a strong possibility they had to get my products from the manufacturer or a distributor but cannot because they have outstanding (also can be read as unpaid) accounts with their supplier(s).

I am not going to waste any more time with Sportsman's Guide or their lies. If they ship tomorrow I will be happy to get my order and will not order from them again. If they do not ship tomorrow, I will contact my bank and have them reverse the three week old charge to my credit card.

Either way, Sportsman's Guide is no longer a place that I will do business. There are too many other places on the Internet that you can get the same items at a similar or better price.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

My last attempt was an order for 10 twenty round Thompson magazines. When I gave my Alaska address the SG order taker told me they couldn't ship them to Alaska and had to forward me to a supervisor for an explanation. The supervisor patiently explained that the "excessive weight" of ten magazines prevented shipping to Alaska. Screw em, I don't care if they are giving stuff away, I'll never make another order with them.

Sportsman's Guide never responded to me today about whether they would ship my order or credit my account (See my earlier post). I emailed them twice over two hours with no response. I then called their corporate offices (651-451-3030) and asked for the CEO (Jay Berlin). Naturally he was out of the office but I was referred to corporate head of customer service, a Mr. Delany. I left a message on his answering machine and with a corporate secretary named Jamie for him to call me about my problem. About 30 minutes later some loud secretary called and said they had credited my account since the order could not be filled.

My fix on what has gone on with me is that the company is having severe problems, probably financial. Please use caution with sending money to them. A credit card is far better since you can have the charges reversed within a certain length of time.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Quote Originally Posted by xchief View Post
    My last attempt was an order for 10 twenty round Thompson magazines. When I gave my Alaska address the SG order taker told me they couldn't ship them to Alaska ...
    Sorry, but no duh! No way we're going to allow all you renegade Alaskans to turn into a bunch of Machine Gun Kelly's--running around with Thompsons with 200rds in loaded mags. Duh!

Once you all go back to quietly fishing the frozen rivers, we all be fine. Okay?

For the life of me, I can not figure out why you guys even attempt to order anything from them. Plenty of online sources who will treat you better.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    For the life of me, I can not figure out why you guys even attempt to order anything from them. Plenty of online sources who will treat you better.
    It's interesting. As of a few months ago, I had never ordered from Sportman's Whorehouse, but they sent me occasional catalogs, and I found a really nice slip-over cross-draw holster to carry my 7-1/2" FA .454 in. I ordered it. Then, I started getting a bunch of catalogs. Unlike Cabela's, Cheaper than Dirt, Midway, etc., the Sportman's Whorehouse catalogs were kind of weird. Sort of like the airline cataogs you read when you are bored out of your mind on the 5-hr flight from D.C. to Seattle. Just a little too many wierd things in there for me.

I also just notice that Sportman's Whorehouse does not even have an online catalog. More weird.

I do like my fancy, comfy leather Lee Van Cleef-style holster though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast