Thread: finger lake recently?

Default finger lake recently?

ok heres another one of those "hows the fishing" threads...
    so hows finger lake been, the kids don't have school tomorrow so we are headed out with a handfull of shrimp and the truck..thinkin' of driving out west of the island...does that spot still work?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Smile

I am still kind of new to the area out there. I do know there are fish and your kids will have a blast. I have seen char, rainbows and even muskrat come out of that lake!! No joke, last time I was there I caught a muskrat. He surfaced in my hole, got some fresh air and before I could drop my jig out of his way he friggin bit it. He came back up looked at me, shook his head real hard and dislodged the hook and went on his merry way. About a 1/2 hour later, he came back to the same hole , got some new fresh air and left again. Pretty much the weirdest fishing experience ever.

Good Luck

Default Finger lake has pplenty of action

You'll do well keeping the kiddies entertained at Finger Lake. LOTS of stockers still hitting and even following the jig up the hole. All you need to do is enter the lake at the public boat launch and go to the other side of the 1st island. There will be plenty of holes drilled in the area. The waater is about 3' deep there and you will find plenty of action.
    PLEASE do not leave trash out on the ice or leftover firewood, etc...
    Thanks,
    BK

RMK

Default Finger Lake pit fall

Finger Lake is usually pretty good. Just keep your eyes peeled over on the far side of that small island. There are a few warm springs in the lake, and I have seen thin ice over there in the dead of winter.

fished today, west of first little island by the recreation area...
    all tiny fish under six inches, about a foot off the bottom, maybe a dozen or so for my two boys, just enough to keep them entertained...saw other folks catch only one. first time i've caught them near the bottom in that lake...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Btter luck next time

hope fully you will catch some big fishes next time