Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bore Ammunition in Anchorage

Default Buffalo Bore Ammunition in Anchorage

Does anyone have any recommendations on what stores in Anchorage or the Valley that have a good selection of Buffalo Bore ammo or has the ability to order specific loads from their offerings?

I am looking for a specific .38 Special load that will likely have to be ordered as is it not one of those high-powered loads you typically associate and find in stock.

I would skip BB and look at the top of this page ^^^^ up there, Alaska High Perfomance Ammo he can get all kinds of stuff for you at a fair price.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I would, but Double-Tap does not have the load I want/like which is the so called "FBI" load. Buffalo Bore has one of the best commercial offerings available on the market today for that particular load.

I would simply recreate the load by reloading it but I only carry commercial ammo for self-defense purposes.

We carry Hornady, Corbon, HSM, Lapua, Winchester...

But no Buffalo Bore

Chris does way more than just Double Tap, what do you loose from a phone call to see what he can do? He has offered to look into just about anything he has been asked about.

Itís your dime but maybe you would be ahead to read around on the forum what many of us have gone through with BB before you set your heart on them to save your life. I wouldn't bet lunch on BB ammo let alone my life, they were more than 25% duds when I tried them . . . the only ammo to ever fail in my gun, then they failed in another gun also. Many have had good luck with it but many havenít and that says to me think twice before using it as self defiance ammo. As Forest Gump would say ďThatís all I have to say about that.Ē

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I trust my own loads more than any mass produced commercial ammo. I use top notch components, as good as or better than anything in factory ammo then I assemble it with many times the care even custom ammo shops do. I see no logical reason to trust my life to someone maybe wanted to save a nickel on components or for all I know had an off day at the controls. I figure at the height they set the bar if I canít load better ammo than any factory itís time for me to hang up the guns.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

What is the FBI load anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    What is the FBI load anyway.
    158gr lead Hollow point at about 800-1000fps depending on barrel length. +p load.

I think I purchased some at Chimos about a year ago
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    We carry Hornady, Corbon, HSM, Lapua, Winchester...

But no Buffalo Bore
    Shucks!
    I was just getting ready to tell him to give you a call!!!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Shucks!
    I was just getting ready to tell him to give you a call!!!
    You got a bit of an ornery streak in ya don't you Vance? I'm sure Wildalaska is just sold out of BB!

Default Double Tap

He only has 158gr SWC Hardcast. The review on his website by somebody said it shot similar to the FBI load, non expanding though. 950fps box of 50 is $36.

Will be placing an order after the next gun show-March 6th and 7th at the Palmer fairgrounds. Would place the order by March 13th.

Mountain View Sports used to sell it, still might. I had bought some 10mm stuff there in the past once. They just had an ammo sale last month to clear out inventory, so they might not have much in stock in general still.

Quote Originally Posted by Armymark View Post
    You got a bit of an ornery streak in ya don't you Vance? I'm sure Wildalaska is just sold out of BB!

We had a super secret non existent sale

The good news is that 2 pallets of HSM ammo showed up Friday afternoon

If you reload but don't cast your own, get some of these Speer 158gr SWC HP and put em over 5 or so grs of Unique. Viola... instant FBI load. Cheap but effective. Swaged bullets so soft enough to expand at snubby velocities. Good snubby load.

HSM goes bang through everything I own. I consider that a good attribute in ammunition. The left over brass ain't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Armymark View Post
    You got a bit of an ornery streak in ya don't you Vance?
    That hurts Mark....
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Any of it 10mm?

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    Any of it 10mm?
    One.......

Pallet

Snyd, some people are afraid to carry reloads in their self defense weapon due to the "image" it portrays in court. I've read where some rather imaginative Defense Attorney's have brought it up, I'm told with some success, which I have a hard time believing. 'Course it wouldn't be the first time the general public has suprised me with their ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    Snyd, some people are afraid to carry reloads in their self defense weapon due to the "image" it portrays in court. I've read where some rather imaginative Defense Attorney's have brought it up, I'm told with some success, which I have a hard time believing. 'Course it wouldn't be the first time the general public has suprised me with their ignorance.
    Wouldnt be the first time that a poster on a message Board surprised me with their lack of knowledge of how the legal system works especially as to the complex evidentiary issues surrounding reloaded ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast