Thread: Farewell, Dennis McAfee/McAfee's Fly Shop

Default Farewell, Dennis McAfee/McAfee's Fly Shop

Dropped by McAfee's, shopping for boots today - to learn Dennis has retired after 25yrs.

Dennis ran a great fly shop, a temple of Sage... it seemed to me. Of course it was easy to appreciate the Simms and other excellent gear he's carried over the years too. Great customer service and a gentleman to boot, he sets the bar high and represents Alaska and flyfishers well. I wish him the best.

He's sold the shopt to Mike Brown, who was in the store today and hopes to open Monday, Feb 15th. Good luck, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Dropped by McAfee's, shopping for boots today - to learn Dennis has retired after 25yrs.

Dennis ran a great fly shop, a temple of Sage... it seemed to me. Of course it was easy to appreciate the Simms and other excellent gear he's carried over the years too. Great customer service and a gentleman to boot, he sets the bar high and represents Alaska and flyfishers well. I wish him the best.

He's sold the shopt to Mike Brown, who was in the store today and hopes to open Monday, Feb 15th. Good luck, Mike.

Every time I go to Anchorage I always stop into McAffe's. Probably been going there for 20 years and everytime I went in I appreciated the conversation I would had with Dennis and enjoyed going thru his gear.

Glad for him he's retiring.

It's his turn to fish now.

That and spoil the grandkids!

Default An end. A beginning.

He cared about his customers and what THEY needed. Now it's time. Boots in the water, rod in my hand, stripping the fly, big fish to land.

I will effort to get in there next week for the welcome and with hope, a new relationship. Like a barber or a bar keep, something different and personal.

I had dropped in the shop a few times over the years. Glad to hear Mike is the one taking over. He is a super nice guy and has helped me on a few occasions. I will look forward to dropping in the new shop next time I am up that way. Mike knows his stuff.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

mike is one heck of a good guy...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I am the new owner of the shop, now called Mossy's Fly Shop. First off, THANK YOU!! for the kind wird, I appreciate it!!

Dennis's decision to retire was a rather sudden occurence but I think it is good for him, he was ready to get out and fish more and be with his grand kids. Getting to the point of retirement and actually being able to is something that not everyone gets to do and I commend anyone who reaches that goal.

Dennis has left a big set of shoes to fill, he was very, very knowledgeable in the products he sold. I am very excited for the challenge and will strive to give the customer service and dedication to all that come in. I am a born and raised Alaskan and grew up working in my dads 57 year old business here in town. After 30 years in one job, I needed a change. Flyfishing is my passion so I decided to make the change.

Customer service is my number 1 priority, I belive that customer service is lacking today in our society and I want to try and revive the confidence that there are still people that care for what you need. If I don't have the answer, I will get it. If I don't have what you are looking for, I can get it. I am open to suggestions and will strive to keep my customers informed and make you feel like you are part of the shop. I want this shop to be a place you feel comfortable to hang out at regardless if you are buying or just want to watch a fish movie, have some coffe and popcorn.

I look forward to seeing you come in!!
    "The Tug is the Drug"

definatly a great shop!

Default Mossy's Flyshop

Hi akglommis

We were costumers from Mc. Afee's!

In September we will visit Mossy's shop around equipment to buy.
    We are big Gloomis fans! Have you some Glommis rods? They are very very expensive in europe above all two hands stingers.

we look forward to mossy's flyshop

Greetings from Switzerland

Roman Willi

Where is the shop located?

At the corner of Dimond and Arctic, in the Arctic Village Mall. Easiest access traffic-wise is from the Minnesota end of Dimond.