Thread: Vortex Scopes?

Default Vortex Scopes?

I've been reading really good things about Vortex optics. The reviews are great, and the price is right. Has anyone used any of their products? I'd like hear from someone local who has used one of their scopes. Not that I don't trust reviews......

Quote Originally Posted by sthrcave View Post
    I've been reading really good things about Vortex optics. The reviews are great, and the price is right. Has anyone used any of their products? I'd like hear from someone local who has used one of their scopes. Not that I don't trust reviews......
    I think that is a good idea. But, you might also thkn about talking to the guys at Camera Land NY (they advertise on here), they know a lot about them and comparable scopes. When I bought some high-end optics from them in person in NY, they almost talked me into buying far less expensive (and much less profitable to them) Vortex binos than the Swaro I was looking at. Not because the Vortex was better, but because they thought the high-end Vortex was reaosnably close and far far cheaper. In the end, I went with the Leica Geo to have the built-in rangefinder.

Vortex may be so new that there is no feel for their customer service abilities. If they are as good as Leupold, the company will really have something.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

I just got a pair of their viper Binoculars. I tried out lots of binoculars, compared the value, price, warranty, clarity, everything. I really wanted the Leupold Mojave, but in the end didnt get them cause the warranty is just not there anymore.

I also compared the vortex to the higher end binoculars and I couldn't tell the 1000.00 difference. Granted I havent had these in the high mountains yet glassing for days so we'll see.

All it says in the box about vortex warranty is a simple paragraph. If you have a problem with these send them in. For life, no cards to fill out.

From most of the reviews I have read which were mostly bird watching type forums and magazines the vortex brand is coming highly recommended.

Default vortex scopes

I see you have mainly looked at the bino's.....how about the scopes?? I recently found a dealer, the only one so far that carry's the Vortex scopes, I thought they were very nice, but had never heard of them.....I ended up with a Burris scope for the money, it was just as nice as the Leupold VX-3, the older model... So I am very interested in your Ideas and comparisons of the Vortex to other GOOD SCOPES.........I did like the Trijicon......but more than I want to pay for a scope.......

I have not personally examined the vortex lines of scopes. But If they are like the bino line they should be a good scope

Default Vortex Scopes

I thought they were nice scopes for the price ranges I looked at,,,,,,but never have hearing about them, I choose something else, reading this thread has my curiosity peeking LOL......Originally I put money down on a gun, and decided it was not a good deal, so rather than take my money back, I felt I would still do business and buy a scope.....still interested in you that have purchased the Vortex scopes and how you like them.....!!!!

Thumbs up Vortex scopes

I have one on my AR. A freind recomended it to me. He kept talking about how clear the glass is so i bought one. I own Leupold, burris and Now a vortex. I cant tell the difference. I agree they are somewhat new so costomer service is still an unkown.
    Lots of real people info over on monstermuleys.com website. Cant go wrong with doug either. I also use a website like samplelist to gauge what optics are requiring lots of repair. I know that there are more leupolds than trijicons sold but its just an indicator of how products are doing. Good luck Hillbilly

Vortex's warrenty is simple. The website says that if you have any issues with the scope, they'll fix it; for life. Sounds easy to me.

I sent the company an e-mail asking a couple of questions about their products. I'll let everyone know how long it takes them to get back to me, and how comprehensive their answers were.

I am still leaning towards buying from them. If you go to their website, you can shop there, and whatever you order ships from the closest dealer. I am not aware of a Vortex dealer in AK, but I am sure there is one in the North East somewhere.

I think these guys might be winners. I'll keep up with this thread as my experience with this company and their products grows.

water_gremlin had a good experience using the warranty....I'll let him tell the story why he had to use the warranty...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

the thing on new products I can't agree with is how they are/or not selling against older known brands........brand names sell more because they are well known.....you can't compare by SALES the Leupold to the vortex by sales alone...Leupold has been in business MUCH longer......the thing is how good is it?? compared to the higher brand names that want up to 2 grand for a scope???.....Many would argue as if its a feather in there cap to have a high rated BRAND name... I', just simply saying put that crap aside and give an honest reply,,,,,

I guess I'm one of the few that has Vortex scopes on my rifles. We have four in the family. Two Diamondback 3-9x40's and two 2-7x35's. All but one spent many days out in the field the last two hunting seasons. In 2008 my son and I's spent several days in the rain on Kodiak. Last season my daughters and mine were in the wheeler cases and out in the rain for most of moose season.

I've yet to have an issue with them. All the rifles have held perfect zero since they were sighted in sometime in the winter of '07-'08, have never fogged, and have been on travels in trucks, aircraft, and wheelers. Their click adjustments are right on the money and I love how easy they are to set up. Clarity is just fine with them and I really can't tell the difference between them and much more expensive glass. Honestly, they are the best $200 class scopes I have owned.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

That's what I keep hearing about them. I think that because they are a new company, they are offering a good product at a very reasonable price, and backing it up with a good warrenty and good customer service because they have to compete with brands like leupold, etc; and are trying to make a name for themselves.

I got a reply to my first e-mail to their customer service department. I got some good information from them, and as soon as they reply to my next e-mail, I'll copy and paste the conversations on this thread. They are offering 35% for active duty military through another website. I'll post more info as it comes to me.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I noticed an ad for a Vortex 4X12 Riflescope, and it didn't have an AO.

My Bushnell Trophy, 4X12 has an AO, and it is needed.

Shouldn't a Variable scope of that power range have an AO????

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Smitty,

In checking the Vortex site I found that they do offer a number of AO models and their Vipers have parallax adjustment.

I've been looking at these scopes for a while now. I've read quite a few good reports on them.

I've also read some very good reviews on the Clearidge scopes. One guy said when got his Clearidge, he decided to replace all his Loopys.

-Mark

Just to update: I heard back from the guys at vortex again, and they sent me this link:http://www.promotive.com/

If you are active duty military you can join the DOD team and recieve 35% off retail on Vortex optics. Be sure to check the Vortex website before you order because some of the deals on their site are better than promotive. I am going to wait and order in June when their high end tactical vipers get shipped to promotive. Also, there are a number of other quality brands for sale at discount prices on promotive such as Crimson Trace, Luepold, Spyderco, Eberlestock, etc.

Default Would not hesitate to buy

I purchased the Viper binoc's after doing a lot of research last year. they moose hunted the interior with my and then went to kodiak for an incredibly rainy hunt after that.

They are great. Good glass, lighter than I thought they'd be, and with the 10x50 I can use them for all kinds of hunting. I love them.

The warranty card reminded me of how craftsman used to be - send them in, we'll take care of it.

Sportsman's had a few for sale in FBKS, I looked at them there but found a better deal online through a birding place. I can try to find it again if anyone wants.

With that, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a scope from them.

v/r

salchastar road