Thread: When to sell a boat

Default When to sell a boat

I am planning to take a break from boating untill the kids are a bit older. The plan is to pick up a tow behind camper/toy hauler instead. I have a 93 wooldridge AK 17.5 w/ a 2001 Merc 90. It is in good shape but it needs new trailer bunks and I would like to get it serviced since it has been in storage for the last 18 months. I am just trying to figure out when I should get it serviced and put it on the market to get the most money for it. I am also looking for suggestions on who can do the service and bunk replacement in the valley so the wife doesn't have to drag it too far. Unfortunately I am not going to be around to do any of the work myself

Post a pic, I have a friend looking for a boat. If he isn't too much of a tight arse, kitty whipped wussy to buy one. <this is for him BTW>

I would say just before THE BOAT SHOW, but since that has happened just before or at breakup. when people are getting itchy feet to be on the water and it is possible.
    very nice boat.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Now's the time

I sold my boat, Cliffhanger, last March right before I got on the ferry to get down here to Ketchikan. It was on AlaskasList for about a month. So, get started!

Alaskalist or Craigslist are great places to move boats. I've sold two of them in the past and wouldn't hesitate to sell another one on either website. Good luck and hope it moves fast for you (it looks like a great rig).

I sold my Jetcraft last year in Mid March. Craiglist, and 907bigboytoys. I'm not sure I knew about Alaskaslist by then or if it had been created yet but I have done well with the site since I found about it. I started at the end of Jan and reposted every week. Delete the old post when you do that. I think once the stickershock of new boats sets in, people start to look at boats right about now. There is alot of junk out there and folks looking will see that, so if you took good care of your boat, it will sell. Good Luck!!!

Default Interested

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I am planning to take a break from boating untill the kids are a bit older. The plan is to pick up a tow behind camper/toy hauler instead. I have a 93 wooldridge AK 17.5 w/ a 2001 Merc 90. It is in good shape but it needs new trailer bunks and I would like to get it serviced since it has been in storage for the last 18 months. I am just trying to figure out when I should get it serviced and put it on the market to get the most money for it. I am also looking for suggestions on who can do the service and bunk replacement in the valley so the wife doesn't have to drag it too far. Unfortunately I am not going to be around to do any of the work myself

I don't know how to pm, but if your ready to sell send me your price. Repairs done or not is fine. It looks like a great boat.

Valaska members can't pm you. You have to fix your profile to accept pm's from guys.
    I would get those used boats on the market now. My friend just picked up a 22 Wooldridge classic 2 weeks ago. The paint was still in the nozzle of the 212, with 260 hrs on the boat, it had seen very little river use.

Sold mine last month. I needed work on my house and this guy liked my river boat. Perfect trade off!!!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Sold mine last month. I needed work on my house and this guy liked my river boat. Perfect trade off!!!!!!!
    Wish someone would come along with a toy hauler/camper and offer me the same deal!

I am thinking 10,000 for the boat as it sits today or probably ~11-11.5 if I have to take it to the shop and wait till spring.