Thread: New book- PROPELLANT PROFILES fifth edition - Wolfe Publishing Company

Default New book- PROPELLANT PROFILES fifth edition - Wolfe Publishing Company

Anybody got this book yet and offer a review? I'm tempted, but not sure if I'm $40 bucks tempted or not.... Below from bottom of the page, web link listed below.

PROPELLANT PROFILES fifth edition - Wolfe Publishing Company

NOW IN STOCK!!!! The most convenient reference available to American reloaders from the last 45 years. Includes manufacturers and authors' recommended loads and tips. Newly revised and updated to include the newer powders.

Item: 544 Propellant Profiles 5th edition ADDITIONAL SHIPPING REQUIRED FOR CANADA & FOREIGN
    Price: $39.95
    http://www.riflemagazine.com/newsletter/index.cfm

I have been waiting for this update. I have two previous editions and they give excellent info on powders. The last edition was on the 1990's and lots of new powders have come out since then. I highly recommend this book, I have one on order.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I have been waiting for this update. I have two previous editions and they give excellent info on powders. The last edition was on the 1990's and lots of new powders have come out since then. I highly recommend this book, I have one on order.
    Thanks, that's does sound worthwhile. I will get one on order also.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I have been waiting for this update. I highly recommend this book, I have one on order.

That's good enough for me, I'll add one to my library.

I have extensively used the previous editions in the past, but rarely consult them now due to all the new powders not covered.....will prob "need" this new edition.

Keep us updated on weather or not it is worth the money

Default Amazon

Amazon has it for $27 w/ free shipping

Default Thanks for scoop

Got it from Amazon, thanks, that price is right

Man, I NeedCoffee right now myself

I've got one of the first editions given to me by and editor of Wolfe Publishing Company, now I just go to the web site of what ever powder company is offering the powder and read about it there. I don't even try to find the book any more. Sounds to simple when I read this, but it works. It was nice to live a hundred miles from Prescott back then.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default I'm ticked...

Quote Originally Posted by needcoffee View Post
    Amazon has it for $27 w/ free shipping
    Wow, that is $20 bucks less than what I paid ordering direct from Wolfe. I would never have dreamed I needed to price shop them. I wouldn't mind if it was a few bucks difference, but $20, come on...

Honestly Wolfe Publishing has gotten too rich for my blood. For years have subscribed to Handloader and Rifle and this year just could not pay the renewal price for the magazines. I did go ahead and pay the $20 a year for the internet version of all three (Handloader, Rifle, and Successful Hunter).

Big Al probably has the best idea yet, just read about each powder on their own web site, for FREE! I will be curious to see if there is more info in the book than available on the public domain.