Thread: POW Bear hunt

Default POW Bear hunt

Im planning a POW bear hunt / fishing trip for the first week of Sept. I want to rent a cabin and fly in for a week. I have talked to Alaska Sea Plane tours and they recommended a couple of areas. I was interested if anyone could steer me in the right direction for a cabin or area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have hunted all over the state but have never been to SE Alaska. Thanks for your help.

You can check the retal places in Coffman Cove

Default Coffman Cove

I have stayed here before. It comes with a boat as well. Coffman is a laid back place to hang out. http://www.salmonshores.com/

You should really check it out first before you think about a fall bear hunt. Last I checked the restrictions on the island for this fall dictate that you cannot use a motor vehicle to assist in hunting bears. You must walk to and from your cabin or use a bicycle, including retrieval of your bear.

Bikes are for Cali. You can use a boat and you will be hunting streams and beach anyway.

Default usfs cabin

curdog could be talking about hiring Ryan to take him into a USFS Cabin ... if that is the case do a search on this site because we have discussed that a lot.

A bike is a good idea ... I'm thinking about a mt-bike pulling a trailer out of my cabin would work great. Those hikes we took out of there last Sept made for long days.

Quote Originally Posted by muskeg View Post
    curdog could be talking about hiring Ryan to take him into a USFS Cabin ... if that is the case do a search on this site because we have discussed that a lot.

A bike is a good idea ... I'm thinking about a mt-bike pulling a trailer out of my cabin would work great. Those hikes we took out of there last Sept made for long days.
    I can't wait to see a picture of a sasquatch on wheels.